Administrative Services - Level 3
($1,472 to $1,761 bi-weekly)
Proactive • Professional • Accountable • Client Focused
Opportunities NB (ONB) is New Brunswick's lead business development corporation working with companies inside and outside the province to drive economic growth and job creation in the province. A nimble, results-driven and client-centric organization, ONB is a Crown Corporation, strategically led by a private sector Board of Directors, made up of business leaders from New Brunswick companies and academia. ONB believes strongly in the future of New Brunswick and since its inception on April 1, 2015, has successfully been the catalyst for competitive and innovative economic growth and job creation for the benefit of New Brunswick today and for generations to come.
Recognized as one of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures for 2018 and recognized as one of Atlantic Canada's Top Employers for four consecutive years, in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020, ONB is seeking a curious and engaged professional for the secondment opportunity of Talent Acquisition & Culture Specialist to join the Employee Experience Team in Fredericton at Head Office. Join a dynamic team of business professionals who are passionate about growing New Brunswick's economy, are committed to giving back to the community, and value making a difference.
Love where you work. Love what you do. Come work for us.
Who are you?
- You have a high school diploma, supplemented by the successful completion of a one-year post-secondary diploma in office administration or a related field, a minimum of three (3) years related experience. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered
- You are proficient in using Microsoft Office tools
- You understand the role of an economic development agency in growing the province's economy
- You are a recognized professional with a high degree of integrity and accountability
- You are comfortable and effective working with executives, external stakeholders, clients and all levels of the organization
- You focus on attention to detail, organization skills and ability to prioritize deliverables
- You thrive on successfully meeting deadlines and producing results
- You are at your best when you are challenged and engaged
- You shine when you are able to affect change by proactively contributing fresh ideas and innovative solutions
- You recognize that sometimes simple solutions are best and small touches go a long way
- You enjoy collaborating with a dynamic team and are continuously seeking ways to add value
- You value recognition, giving back to the community and camaraderie with your colleagues
- You work hard and are fun to have around
As a Receptionist, you will:
- Report to Board Coordinator
- Be the face of the organization, on the phone and in-person for all clients and visitors
- Provide host/hostess duties for planned client and partner meetings including signage, seating, and IT requirements
- Manage catering requests, delivery and pick up
- Support and troubleshoot boardroom IT needs
- Maintain boardrooms to ensure they are meeting ready
- Coordinate translation requests and courier services
- Act as the ONB Correspondence Coordinator by logging incoming correspondence requests and liaising with correspondence coordinators from other government departments
- Triage external and internal requests to connect inquiries to appropriate resources within ONB and ONB's partners
- Perform administrative duties for the Senior Leadership Team and provide backup to other administrative roles within ONB
- Manage opening and/or closing of the office
- Other duties as required.
- Written and spoken competence in English and French is required. Please state your language capability.
- This position is located in Fredericton, NB with occasional work beyond regular business hours (8:15-4:30).
What can ONB offer you?
- Comprehensive benefits package which includes paid vacation, Health and Dental Plan, Life Insurance, and the Public Service Shared Risk Pension Plan.
- Career growth, development and continuous learning opportunities.
- Opportunity to be involved in ONB events that give back to our community.
- Positive and inclusive work culture.
How to apply?
Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
We encourage applicants to apply on-line at www.ere.gnb.ca, by e-mail to email@example.com or by mail to the following address by December 1, 2020 indicating competition number: R50-2020/21-840.
Employee Experience Team
P.O. Box 6000
Fredericton, NB E3B 5H1
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.