Project Administrator #JoinOurFamily
Sobeys Inc. in Stellarton, NS
Requisition ID: 121216
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: National Strategy Execution & PMO
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Part Time or Full Time: Full Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: Foord 1
Our family of 127,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better - great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton's Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Sobeys has an exciting permanent opportunity available as a Project Administrator within the National Strategy Execution & PMO. This role is based out of our offices in Stellarton, Nova Scotia.
As a Project Administrator with Sobeys you will:
- Support the review and approval process for new projects, Charters and Change Requests, this includes tracking submissions, preparing agenda and completing minutes for meetings as required. Keep track of budgets and project expenditures
- Ensure timely and accurate entry of project level data in required Project Management & Resource Management tools. Some key entries include updates resulting from milestone phases, status changes, assignment of project numbers to new projects as well as entry of resource allocations as initiatives progress through the governance process and project life cycle.
- Create and maintain all project records including approvals, signatures and backup documents in an organized fashion for easy reference and retrieval.
- Coordinate meetings based on required attendees' availabilities and ensure documents such as pre-reads and minutes are sent within expected timeframes, including meeting room/venue booking. Handle the minute-taking at meetings.
- Support new team member onboarding (including consultants) by ensuring development and completion of onboarding checklist and organizing required access, tools etc.
- Support Directors, Program Managers, Project Managers in the creation of power point presentations transferring content into marketable material.
Your experience and resume will show us:
- Undergraduate Degree or a DEC with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
- Project Administration experience in the grocery retail sector preferred
- Experience in a Project Management Office or Knowledge of Project Management process and Methodologies
- Expert in SharePoint, Advanced PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Advanced Excel.
If you feel that this describes the kind of work you want to do, and you are excited about what Sobeys has to offer, then we look forward to reviewing your application. Please ensure that you take the time to ensure your profile shows us why you're the most qualified applicant for the role.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. We are only accepting online applications and welcome applications from all qualified people interested in this challenge.
Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
- Growing organization
- Competitive salary
- Pension Plan
- Flexible health and dental benefits plan
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Opportunity for internal mobility to other departments and/or promotions (for employees who are strong performers)
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.