Team Lead #JoinOurFamily
Sobeys Inc. in Grand Falls, NL
Requisition ID: 121208
Career Group: Distribution Centre Careers
Job Category: Distribution
Part Time or Full Time: Full Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Newfoundland and Labrador (CA-NL)
City: Grand Falls
Location: 0023 Grandfalls RSC
Postal Code: A2A 2P8
Our family of 127,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better - great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton's Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Reporting to the assigned Shift Lead Operations, the Team Leads control and direct all selection, loading, forklift, and support staff to ensure the accurate selection of product to all stores and affiliates. Actively contribute to a positive, productive, and safe working environment.
- Provide employees with instruction, information, supervision, and facilities to encourage ongoing safe work practices
- Maintain integrity of EXE productivity
- Maintain integrity of health and safety checklists and inspections
- Participate on the Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee as required
- Work with Shift Leads and Managers to identify problems and work to make improvements
- Comply with all RSC audit expectations (OH&S, etc.)
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the RSC's health and safety program by promoting a safe work culture
- Monitor and review all reports and develop strategies for improving RSC productivity
- Prompt implementation of new and or revised RSC programs and standards
- Ensure all checklists are complete, current, and accurate
- Coach, counsel, and discipline as required
- Adhere and implement all applicable company safety standards
- Maintain sanitation standards
- Promote employee engagement, mission and purpose
- Performs special projects and other duties as required
- Minimum of two years experience in a retail support centre
- Certified to operate mobile equipment
- Proficient knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Post Secondary Diploma/Degree or Equivalent Work Experience
*Specific shift times and location will be discussed at the interview
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.