Administrator Abilities - 12 Month Contract
Sobeys Inc. in Stellarton, NS
Requisition ID: 120084
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: HR Labour Relations and IHM
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Part Time or Full Time: Full Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: King St. Office
Our family of 127,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better - great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton's Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Sobeys is full of exciting opportunities and we are always looking for bright new talent to join our team! We currently have a 12 month term opportunity for an Abilities Administrator to join our Human Resources team based out of our office in Stellarton, NS.
As an Abilities Administrator you will:
- Ensure maintenance in all areas of claims administration through utilizing the automated claims reporting software system as well as report and make recommendations necessary to meet the needs of the company
- Complete non-payroll aspects of occupational and non-occupational claims paperwork, online submission and within electronic systems used to administer claims
- Maintain IHM Abilities team email Inbox
- Ensure constant communication with facility managers, customers, vendors and employees, as needed
- Ensure all occ and non occ claim data and decisions are up to date in the claims software system
- Provide support to all members of Health and Safety and Abilities team
- Provide department support including filing, file maintenance storage, data entry, photocopying, faxing and processing mail
- Prepare and forward WCB employer reports and plan sponsor statements for claims in the appropriate provincial jurisdiction and in accordance with benefits provider requirements
- Provide early and safe return to hours worked to the appropriate compensation boards.
- Perform submissions online where applicable and possible
- Scan and enter information into electronic systems (e.g. functional reports, claim decisions, WCB correspondence)
- Coordinate physiotherapy assessments for occupational claims
- Maintain an awareness and understanding of current, relevant WCB legislation or non-occupational illness benefits plan information required to communicate effectively to the appropriate personnel
- Prepare reports and correspondence as required
Your resume and experience will demonstrate to us:
- College diploma and a minimum of one year relevant experience
- Formal administration training, preferred
- Experience under Abilities or Health and Safety functions, preferred
Experience in Retail Operations, preferred
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. If you feel that this describes the kind of work you want to do, and you are excited about what Sobeys has to offer, then we look forward to reviewing your application. Please ensure that you take the time to ensure your profile shows us why you're the most qualified applicant for the role.
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.