Pharmacy Assistant II
Sobeys Inc. in Dartmouth, NS
Requisition ID: 119564
Career Group: Pharmacy Careers
Job Category: National Pharmacy
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: 2749 Russell Lake Lawtons
A proudly Canadian company with more than 100 years in the food business, Sobeys Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Empire Company Limited, headquartered in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. The Sobeys name is synonymous with quality and passion. Now we've brought it to liquor stores across Alberta, British Columbia and Saskatchewan. Here's how: in 1993, the Alberta Provincial Government announced the privatization of the liquor retail industry. Capitalizing on this important change, we launched Western Cellars, which opened its first location in Spruce Grove in November 1995. In 2014 Sobeys Liquor acquired Safeway Wine & Spirits. Since then, we've grown steadily to over 100 locations across British Columbia, Alberta and Saskatchewan.™
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
The Pharmacy Assistant II is responsible for providing superior customer service in a friendly, knowledgeable and professional manner. The Assistant is responsible to identify and schedule professional clinical services as well as focus on the achievement of pharmacy excellence in the areas of customer service, workflow efficiencies, PROfile programs and inventory management. Actively contributes to a positive and productive working environment.
- Prescription assembly - data entry
- Process customer transactions (receive and release prescriptions)
- Receive in-person and telephone refill requests and record deliveries
- Promote PROfile programs
- Pill Pack Assembly
- Filing prescriptions, ordering and replenishing supplies, cleaning
- Drug order creation and receiving
- Schedule professional clinical services (i.e. medication reviews, health risk assessments, disease state managements etc.)
- BTC management
- Administrative Duties: cycle counts, narcotic counts, return to stocks, TML's, manual third parties
- Adhere to and implement all applicable company standards
- Assist with other pharmacy operations as required
- Above average communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently in a fast environment
- Ability to multi-task
Education and Experience:
- Preferred: Undergraduate degree, Pharmacy Technology Certificate or other Pharmacy recognized program
- Previous pharmacy experience
- Experience with Sobeys National Pharmacy Group Computer systems
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.