Human Services Counselor (3013)
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application .
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE: Zone 4 - Northwest
FACILITY: Edmundston Regional Hospital
CLASSIFICATION: Human Services Counselor (3013)
STATUS: Temporary part-time (approximately 18 months)
ANTICIPATED DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
8-hour day shift
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
Under the supervision of the Manager of Psychiatry, the successful candidate assesses, supports and helps patients in developing and maintaining their independence based on their interdisciplinary care plan in support of their reintegration into the community through the implementation of treatment and rehabilitation programs. The successful candidate participates in patients' recovery plans and observes, documents and reports their psychological and behavioral changes. The successful candidate attends multidisciplinary team meetings, intervenes in crisis situations and provides emotional support to patients. The successful candidate assists staff by providing intermediate and close monitoring of patients posing a suicide risk. The successful candidate is responsible for transporting and accompanying patients to appointments in the community. The successful candidate organizes and facilitates sessions and activities (individual/group) on wellness, relaxation, self-esteem, budget management and life skills.
N.B. These are only the main duties of the position. Other related duties may be assigned as required for the smooth operation of the area .
- High school diploma and additional administrative support program or course in community integration from six months to one year in length or equivalent;
- Advanced non-violent crisis intervention training (CPI) or commitment to take training based on set timeline;
- Training on prevention and management of suicidal behaviours or commitment to take training based on set timeline;
- Valid Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate;
- Valid driver's licence under the provisions of the New Brunswick Motor Vehicle Act ;
- Good judgment and organizational skills;
- Ability to use a variety of intervention techniques in new and innovative ways;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network .
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.
"Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment"