Lead Supervisor Front End
Sobeys Inc. in Bridgewater, NS
Requisition ID: 117785
Career Group: Store Management
Job Category: Atlantic Store Operations
Part Time or Full Time: Full Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: 2565 Bridgewater Lawtons
Our family of 127,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better - great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton's Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
The Front End Lead Supervisor will ensure superior customer service experience by coaching and developing a friendly, well-trained staff. Actively contributes to an environment of employee and customer engagement.
- Manage direct reports including: selection, orientation, training and development, performance management, succession planning and compensation
- Provide customer service to meet customer needs
- Responsible for scheduling of front end, and filling shifts
- Supervise and give direction to all front end staff
- Perform closing duties and cash up
- Perform cash pick-ups
- Perform till audits
- Perform till overrides
- Conduct item price checks
- Adhere to and implement all applicable company standards
- Perform administrative duties as required
- Above average communication skills (both oral and written)
- Basic math skills
- Good work ethic and ability to multi task
High School Diploma
Minimum of 12 months experience
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.