New Brunswick Farm Products Commission
The New Brunswick Farm Products Commission, in Fredericton, is seeking an individual for the position of Regulations Analyst. This position is located in Fredericton.
The Farm Products Commission is responsible for the overall conduct and performance of the regulated marketing system in New Brunswick, while ensuring all boards and agencies properly exercise the powers granted to them.
Reporting directly to the Commission's General Manager, the Regulations Analyst will be responsible for the following:
- Reviewing Regulations and Orders under the Natural Products Act with each Board and Agency, and amend as necessary;
- Issuing annual licenses to the dairy industry;
- Participating in strategic planning sessions with Boards and Agencies;
- Reviewing standard procedures for Commission processes;
- Providing Briefing Notes and Speaking Notes to the Minister of Agriculture, Aquaculture and Fisheries;
- Preparing the Farm Products Commission Annual Report;
- Performing jurisdictional scans as required;
- Attending Board and Agency annual general meetings and district meetings.
- A Bachelor's degree in Science, Agriculture, Business Administration, or a natural resource related discipline;
- A minimum of four (4) years of related experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
- Written and spoken competence in English and French is required. Please state your language capability on your application.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioral competencies:
- Concern for Order
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Organizational Awareness
- Relationship Building
- Results Orientation
- Strategic Thinking
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies:
- Specialized subject matter expertise and knowledge;
- Knowledge of applicable Legislation, policies and procedures;
- Planning and organizing skills;
- Written and verbal communication skills.
OPERATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be prepared to work outside of the standard work hours and travel within and outside of the Province, as required.
SALARY: $ 49,374 to $ 69,056 per annum
APPLY TO: NBFarmPC-CPFermeNB@GNB.CA
Applications must be received on or before November 26, 2020.
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.