Developer API #JoinOurFamily
Sobeys Inc. in Stellarton, NS
Requisition ID: 118261
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: Information Technology
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Part Time or Full Time: Full Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: Foord 1
Our family of 127,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better - great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton's Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Do you love to write code and have a passion for supporting customers with your superior software skills? As an Developer API on our Information Technology team in Stellarton, Nova Scotia, you will work with our Application Developers and Business Analysts to help bring our technology projects to life.
As an Developer API with Sobeys you will:
- Identify functional and technical solutions to meet requirements and ensure the development of detailed functional, technical and operational specifications for delivery of recommended solutions.
- Translate user requirements into solution design for development and implementation of business technology solutions.
- Conduct design and code reviews to ensure the solution delivered conforms to IT and team standards and quality software delivery practices.
- Provide accurate estimates from analysis and design specifications for yourself and other team members to work on.
- Capture and define technical and operational requirements for solutions.
- Provide expert knowledge of a particular architecture and can discuss how the solution's specific features, characteristics, functionality and design will meet business requirements.
- Ensure all documentation is created, up to date and correct before solution or changes are implemented into production.
- Ensure management is informed of progress, status and issues of delivery team activities.
- Code, test, and analyze software programs and applications. This includes researching, documenting, and modifying software and specifications throughout the system development life cycle.
- Analyze and amend software to correct errors in a timely and accurate fashion and provide status reports where required
- Determine the most effective program/configuration solution from technical specifications provided by an experienced developer or business analyst.
- With assistance, provide estimates for all aspects of work and work to deadline.
- Create unit test plans with detailed test cases and consistently write and test solutions without errors, to estimate and conforming to best practice.
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of program specifications.
- Develop or support software application solutions in a project team/task-based environment.
- Provide user, operational and system documentation for implementation.
Your experience and resume will show us:
- An Undergraduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of software development techniques to code and test solutions such as unit testing, object-oriented design techniques, etc.
- Experience in software engineering and solution delivery methodologies.
- Bilingualism (English and French) considered an asset
If you feel that this describes the kind of work you want to do, and you are excited about what Sobeys has to offer, then we look forward to reviewing your application. Please ensure that you take the time to ensure your profile shows us why you're the most qualified applicant for the role.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. We are only accepting online applications and welcome applications from all qualified people interested in this challenge.
Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
- Growing organization
- Competitive salary
- Pension Plan
- Flexible health and dental benefits plan (eligible employees)
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Opportunity for internal mobility to other departments and/or promotions (for employees who are strong performers)
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.