Senior Developer API #JoinOurFamily
Sobeys Inc. in Stellarton, NS
Requisition ID: 118241
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: Information Technology
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Part Time or Full Time: Full Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: Foord 1
Our family of 127,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better - great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton's Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Do you love to write code and have a passion for supporting customers with your superior software skills? As a Senior Developer API on our Information Technology team in Stellarton, Nova Scotia, you will work with our Application Developers and Business Analysts to help bring our technology projects to life.
As a Senior Developer API with Sobeys you will:
- Manage the System Development Life Cycle for large-scale projects or multiple medium to small projects spanning multiple platforms or solutions, consisting of complex conversions, integration and/or new development.
- Lead project or support teams in the development and support of software solutions.
- Identify functional and technical solutions to meet client requirements.
- Ensure the development of detailed functional, technical and operational specifications for delivery of recommended solutions.
- Translate user requirements into solution design documents for development and implementation of business technology solutions using agile/sprint approaches as needed.
- Provide leadership to a development/support team to deliver team goals.
- Conduct design and code reviews throughout the System Development Life Cycle to ensure the solution delivered conforms to IT standards and quality software delivery practices.
- Capture and define technical and operational requirements for solutions.
- Ensure that all solution unit, integration and system testing is conducted and documented.
- Act as primary contact for IT Operations and Infrastructure, and Production Support for implementation of solution.
- Provide expert knowledge of a particular architecture and discuss how the solution's specific features, characteristics, functionality and design will meet business requirements.
- Maintain industry knowledge on technology/business solutions and future trends.
- Ensure solutions comply with application support requirements.
- Ensure all documentation is created, up to date and correct before solution or changes are implemented into production.
- Ensure department management is informed of progress, status and issues of delivery team activities.
- Be primary contact for IT Operations and Infrastructure, and Production Support for implementation of solution.
- Be knowledgeable in and promote agile development methodologies.
- Participate in an on-call schedule.
Your experience and resume will show us:
- An Undergraduate Degree and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Solid experience with SDLC methodologies - including agile/lean methodologies.
- Solid experience in performing data migration/conversion design and development.
- Hands-on software troubleshooting experience.
- Strong experience in software engineering and solution delivery methodologies.
- Strong experience with automated testing methodologies.
- Extensive technical knowledge of one or more technology stacks such as .NET Framework/Core/C#, Java/Spring, Python, Ruby, etc.
- Understanding of server operating systems and scripting languages such as Windows/Linux and bash/Powershell/Python.
- Understanding of cloud providers such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, etc.
- Bilingualism (English and French) considered an asset
If you feel that this describes the kind of work you want to do, and you are excited about what Sobeys has to offer, then we look forward to reviewing your application. Please ensure that you take the time to ensure your profile shows us why you're the most qualified applicant for the role.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. We are only accepting online applications and welcome applications from all qualified people interested in this challenge.
Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
- Growing organization
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Opportunity for internal mobility to other departments and/or promotions (for employees who are strong performers)
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.