Senior DevOps Developer #JoinOurFamily
Sobeys Inc. in Stellarton, NS
Requisition ID: 118201
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: Information Technology
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Part Time or Full Time: Full Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: Foord 1
Our family of 127,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better - great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton's Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Do you love to write code and have a passion for supporting customers with your superior software skills? As an Senior DevOps Developer on our Information Technology team in Stellarton, Nova Scotia, you will work with our Application Developers and Business Analysts to help bring our technology projects to life.
As a key member of the IT team, you will be responsible for understanding requirements, designing and documenting a proposed solution, and then delivering the solution within our framework. You will be involved in a blend of project-based development and on-going support for existing applications.
As a Senior DevOps Developer with Sobeys you will:
- Deploy and provision Azure resources using build and release pipelines in Azure DevOps.
- Develop Azure Resource Manager (ARM) templates, Powershell scripts, etc. to support provisioning and deployment.
- Develop guidelines, practices, policies, and standards, in coordination with the cloud operations team, for securing resources in both the Azure and Azure DevOps portals.
- Assist management in adoption of tools and technology, methodologies and innovations to achieve improvements in the delivery of solution development / system support
- Conduct design and code reviews to ensure the solution delivered conforms to Sobeys standards.
- Provide accurate estimates from analysis and design specifications for yourself and other team members to work on
- Assist management in identifying project delivery risks and participate in the delivery of the mitigation and contingency plans/solutions for those risks
- Assist management in the development of the solution delivery strategy for the project or delivery activity
- Capture and define technical and operational requirements for solutions
- Provide expert knowledge of a particular architecture and can discuss how the solution's specific features, characteristics, functionality and design will meet business requirements
- Maintain industry knowledge on technology/business solutions and future trends
- Ensure solutions can be supported now, and in the future, by our teams.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of IT application standards for design, development and support of IT solutions
- Ensure all documentation is created, up to date and correct before solution or changes are implemented into production
- Ensure management is informed of progress, status and issues of delivery team activities
Your experience and resume will show us:
- Proven knowledge of configuration and version management disciplines.
- Solid knowledge of build and deployment technologies (5+ years)
- Solid knowledge of scripting (PowerShell or bash) (5+ years)
- Solid knowledge of git (5+ years)
- Knowledge of Azure Resource Manager (ARM) templates would be ideal.
- Working experience in .NET development
- Working knowledge of database technologies
- Experience mentoring and coaching other developers
- Experience working as part of a team, using an agile or lean methodology, to continuously deliver working software.
- Experience developing guidelines and practices for other developers to integrate and deploy their software.
- Related university degree or equivalent work experience
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Flexible and adaptable in learning and understanding new technologies
- Strong written communication and presentation skills
- Leverages hands-on experience and experimentation to adapt quickly to new technologies.
- Highly self-motivated and focused
- Keen attention to detail
- Bilingualism (English and French) considered an asset
If you feel that this describes the kind of work you want to do, and you are excited about what Sobeys has to offer, then we look forward to reviewing your application. Please ensure that you take the time to ensure your profile shows us why you're the most qualified applicant for the role.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. We are only accepting online applications and welcome applications from all qualified people interested in this challenge.
Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
- Growing organization
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Opportunity for internal mobility to other departments and/or promotions (for employees who are strong performers)
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.