QA Automation Developer #JoinOurFamily
Sobeys Inc. in Stellarton, NS
Requisition ID: 118161
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: Information Technology
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Part Time or Full Time: Full Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: Foord 1
Our family of 127,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better - great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton's Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Do you love to write code and have a passion for supporting customers with your superior software skills? As an Developer Test Automation on our Information Technology team in Stellarton, Nova Scotia, you will work with our Application Developers and Business Analysts to help bring our technology projects to life.
As an Developer Test Automation with Sobeys you will:
- Design and execute implementation and evolution of test automation framework(s)
- Collaborate with quality assurance and project leaders in enabling complex testing strategies with automation
- Define test automation standard methodologies, standards and guidelines; provide oversight as appropriate
- Develop test strategy, test plans and test cases, ensure traceability matrixes are complete and leverage automated testing frameworks to improve software quality and increase speed of delivery.
- Work closely with implementation teams to understand the product roadmap, features, user stories and acceptance criteria to develop test plans and test cases
- Work with automation developers to develop, maintain and execute automated system and regression test suites
- Create, maintain and report testing metrics including test status and defect reporting
- Work with Test Data Leads and Environment Leads to ensure readiness to execute testing
- Buildtools to support automated testing such as provisioning test environments and generating data
Your experience and resume will show us:
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Computer Science/IT or related IT discipline or equivalent experience
- 6-8 years of strong experience in working as QA Automation tester to perform all test activities including but not limited to Functional, System Integration, Performance and Regression
- 5-7 years of hands on experience on developing and executing automation test cases as a senior automation test engineer
- Understand the concept of shift left approach and work in two in a box model with developers to develop API automation
- Strong working experience in test automation tools like MuleSoft, Selenium, Postman/SOAP UI for API and functional testing
- Experience using Azure DevOps set of Quality Assurance tools;
- Experience with a CI (Continuous Integration) environment such as Git / Jenkins
- Experience in RPA Automation/ Qualitia/ Worksoft
- Strong experience on ALM/Jira and other test management tools
- Strong experience in working with cross functional teams and able to work on multiple projects
- Strong experience with test estimating efforts and familiarity with requirements traceability
- Retail domain experience is a plus
- Bilingualism (English and French) considered an asset
If you feel that this describes the kind of work you want to do, and you are excited about what Sobeys has to offer, then we look forward to reviewing your application. Please ensure that you take the time to ensure your profile shows us why you're the most qualified applicant for the role.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. We are only accepting online applications and welcome applications from all qualified people interested in this challenge.
Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
- Growing organization
- Competitive salary
- Pension Plan
- Flexible health and dental benefits plan (eligible employees)
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Opportunity for internal mobility to other departments and/or promotions (for employees who are strong performers)
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.