Director of Continuous Improvement
J.D. Irving, Limited - Construction & Equipment Division in Saint John, NB
The Construction and Equipment Division, a part of the J.D. Irving, Limited's group of companies, is a key player in the North American construction industry. With five operating units within the division, the group provides heavy equipment and crane services, civil construction, modular home and commercial buildings, wallboard manufacturing, and steel and fabrication services to its customers.
We are currently seeking candidates for the role of Director, Continuous Improvement, based at our head office located in Saint John, New Brunswick.
Reporting to the Division Vice President and working closely with company General Managers, the Director, Continuous Improvement is responsible for leading business improvement projects across the Construction and Equipment Division group of companies.
- Work with General Managers and company leadership teams to identify business projects which will drive improvement to profitability, customer service, and product & service delivery quality.
- As project champion, lead the formation of cross-functional business level project teams, develop project charters detailing scope, critical milestones, and key performance indicators, and establish budgetary requirements.
- Manage multiple projects across all companies ensuring General Managers and other key stakeholders are well informed on progress. Ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Effectively manage risks to project delivery to avoid schedule, scope, or budget overruns.
- Work closely with divisional and JDI resources (IT, Procurement, etc.) to ensure project deliverables align with organizational standards.
- Demonstrated experience in influencing roles leading large scale business improvement projects. Specific experience and expertise leading Enterprise Resource Planning system implementation in an operational environment is highly preferred.
- Previous business unit ownership and experience leading operational teams, ideally in the construction, manufacturing, or crane services industries. Full P&L responsibility with a high level of commercial exposure is highly preferred.
- Successful leadership of cross-functional teams to improve business profitability and key operational metrics.
- Demonstrated experience applying Lean and Six Sigma improvement methodologies to drive practical improvements to key business metrics.
- Minimum eight (8) years professional experience working in operations and leading teams and projects.
- Post-secondary degree and MBA required.
What We Offer:
Competitive compensation package as well as excellent benefits including a flex health and medical plan, life and disability insurance, RRSP Plan, tuition and wellness reimbursement, and more.
Advancement Opportunities: There are many opportunities to grow your career with the J.D. Irving Limited group of companies. We invest in continuous professional growth through strong career development programs.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity: Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
Irving Equipment Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.