Bilingual Administrative Assistant
Priority is proud to partner with our client, Engineers & Geoscientists New Brunswick (APEGNB), in their search for a Bilingual Administrative Assistant to join their dynamic team, based in Fredericton, New Brunswick. Reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration, this role is responsible for providing administrative support to all staff. Most importantly, the successful candidate will be the welcoming and professional face of the organization for all members as well as the public.
Founded in 1920, the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of New Brunswick (APEGNB) took responsibility of regulating New Brunswick's engineering profession and in 1999 assumed the regulation of the geoscience profession as well. APEGNB has over 5,900 engineers, geoscientists, engineers-in-training and geoscientists-in-training registered.
Their registrants work in more than 16 different engineering/geoscience disciplines - from designing and creating energy-efficient buildings and faster computers to ensuring New Brunswickers have access to clean drinking water and have safe and responsible mining practices.
- Provides a professional first point of contact for the organization over the phone and in-person
- Responds to general inquiries from members and the public
- Directs inquiries to appropriate staff person as needed
- Provides administrative support to other staff. This includes coordination and preparation of correspondence, reports, resources or other materials, as well as data entry
- Procurement and monitoring of office supplies as well as liaising with suppliers
- Coordinates and manages meetings (including travel details, meeting room requirements, as well as food and beverage)
- Acts as primary support with materials preparation for APEGNB-hosted events
- Liaison for promotional materials requested by branches, members and/or volunteers
- Receives payments for dues, reference materials or other items
- Records management, including filing as well as maintenance of archives and reference materials
- Assesses situations and makes clear recommendations, in a timely manner, that are in the best interest of the organization
- Manages the output data from the solar array and posts to website on a weekly basis
- Oversees maintenance and contracted services for the Association building at 183 Hanwell Road
- Performs additional duties as required
- Post-secondary education in office administration or at least 3 years' experience in a related field
- Fluent oral communication skills in both official languages
- Strong organization, prioritization, and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to remain composed in stressful situations
- Comfortable dealing with members of the public
- Technical understanding of MS Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat and the ability to learn new software as needed
- Capable of working effectively within a team as well as independently
- Ability to review and process sensitive material with complete confidentiality
- Confident to answer basic-level inquiries and make informed decisions on directing them to the appropriate staff person
Work With Us
APEGNB offers a professional and team-oriented environment with competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits. To apply, please submit your confidential resume and cover letter to Priority as soon as possible.
Thank you for applying. Only those selected for a screening interview will be contacted.