Bilingual Executive Director
In partnership with our client Bleuets NB Blueberries (BNBB), Priority is currently seeking a Bilingual Executive Director to lead their agency. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for managing the resources, operations, programs and services of BNBB in accordance with the organization's strategic direction.
Bleuets NB Blueberries represents and serves New Brunswick blueberry growers. BNBB works closely with blueberry producers and other industry stakeholders, agricultural agencies and government agencies to address the needs and priorities of blueberry producers as well as support market promotion and research that contribute to improved profitability in the industry.
The Executive Director will be a leader in the administration as well as communications, public relations and financial management of the agency. The successful candidate will work diligently in order to communicate with the organization's stakeholders regarding the work of the agency, while always attempting to build new partnerships. This person will understand how to work within in a multi-stakeholder environment and be driven to achieve tangible results through action. The Executive Director will be guided by strong ethics, goal orientation and a desire to deliver for the many partners of the BNBB.
- Administer the current daily business of BNBB
- Build and maintain good relationships with various departments of the Provincial Government, Board Members as well as other partners and stakeholders
- Execute budgets and reports for the organization
- Develop, communicate and execute strategic plans for the agency
- Coordinate government programs and media relations
- Work alongside and support the board of directors
- Bilingual in English and French, both oral and written
- Dedicated leader with experience managing in a non-profit or agricultural sector environment
- Skilled communicator and natural relationship builder
- Prior experience managing and adhering to an organizational budget
- Ability to work collaboratively with the Board of Directors
- University degree in Agronomy or Business Administration is considered an asset
- Knowledge of agriculture sectors in New-Brunswick, principally Wild Blueberry considered an asset
- Must be able to work in conjunction with the following organizations:
- Agriculture Alliance of New-Brunswick
- Nova Scotia, P.E.I., Quebec wild blueberry associations
- Any other organizations involved in the blueberry sector
Work With Us
This is a full-time position with flexible working hours requiring some availability on evenings and weekends. Some in and out of province travel for meetings and related activities will be required. The candidate must have a valid driver's license with access to a vehicle. The benefits package for this role can be negotiated.
To express your interest in this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter as soon as possible to Priority.
We thank you for your interest in this position however, only those selected for screening will be contacted.