Business Development Associate-Canada
OSCO Construction Group in Brampton, ON
Ocean Steel & Construction Ltd, a vital part of The OSCO Construction Group, has grown tobecome one of the largest steel fabricators in Eastern Canada and one of the most respected steel suppliers on the Eastern Seaboard. Since 1955, our customer base has been gradually extended from the Atlantic Canadian Provinces into the New England and Mid-Atlantic regions of the USA. We currently have sales offices in Saint John, NB, and Burlington, MA.
This position supports the Ontario market and ideally is looking for a qualified candidate stationed in the Greater Toronto Area. The company is expanding beyond the Eastern Seaboard and developing our market presence in the Central region of Canada. Critical to the success of this expansion is the placement of a knowledgeable technical expert to establish and grow our Industrial and Commercial customer base.
Reporting to the Business Development Manager, the Business Development Associate will be an independent, confident, and effective professional who is naturally inclined to meet new people, build effective relationships and develop strong industry connections.
- Develop a strong customer base ensuring sales targets set by the company are met
- Traveling regularly within the territory to solicit existing and potential customers for projects to bid or negotiate
- Guiding and assisting the estimating effort in the preparation of quotations and budgets
- Soliciting and developing relationships with suppliers and subcontractors, particularly erectors
- Providing market projections, sales reports, and industry intelligence as appropriate
- Utilizing our CRM software (MS Dynamics) to track the status of potential projects and to organize how you will service our customer base
- Representing the company in a professional, respectful manner
- Post-secondary education in Civil Engineering or Construction Management Technology
- Experience with Construction Documents and drawings would be considered a strong asset
- Strong aptitude in all Microsoft Office programs
- Persuasive and effective communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Focused and self-driven individual who enjoys challenges
- Thrive working in a team-based environment while independently developing a new customer base within the territory
- Enjoy being part of an ever-changing, evolving organization
- Experience in sales would be considered a strong asset
As a member of the OSCO Construction Group, Ocean Steel and Construction Limited offers a comprehensive compensation package including RSP Contributions, Life Insurance, Health and Dental Benefits and a variety of other employee programs.
The origins of the OSCO Construction Group go back to 1955 when Ocean Steel & Construction Ltd. was founded in Saint John, New Brunswick. Since that time, the OSCO Construction Group has grown to encompass four main operating sectors: Steel, Concrete, Construction and Corporate. Within these sectors lie an ever-expanding number of companies and divisions, serving a growing market area and employing over one thousand employees.
The OSCO Construction Group prides itself not just in embracing change, but in leading it. We drive this change by maintaining our vision to be fast, be global and be connected. All of our sectors are committed to: conducting business with integrity and fairness; continuous education & training of our employees; improving our processes; focusing on our customers' needs; and, providing top quality products & services.