Strategic Sourcing IT Manager #JoinOurFamily
Sobeys Inc. in Stellarton, NS
Requisition ID: 116041
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: Strategic Sourcing
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Part Time or Full Time: Full Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: Foord 1
Our family of 127,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better - great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton's Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
The Strategic Sourcing Manager leads the strategic sourcing, negotiation, contracting and supplier management for a complex portfolio of services in support of the IT function within Sobeys (including, but not limited to: hardware, software, maintenance and support and point of sale technology). The purpose of the position is to create value for the IT department, reduce total cost of ownership, and leverage world-class negotiation and sourcing strategies, tools and processes, and mitigate risk through contract development for non-merchandise goods and services acquired by Sobeys. This role is responsible for the development of annual category plans and obtaining line of business buy in and support for the category plan. This role will report to the Director Strategic Souring - IT & Ecommerce.
Own management of indirect spend across designated lines of business:
- Develop trust-based relationships with IT department stakeholders
- Cultivate systemic understanding of department goals, objectives, and requirements
- Understand and effectively interact with the departments on the components of their business and how it operates successfully
- Provide insights and market perspectives to the departments to support and enable their businesses as they grow
- Collaborate with suppliers and business to drive process improvements and demand management
- Maintain and update supplier scorecards and address supplier performance issues
Assess, track and drive category analysis across designated lines of business:
- Conduct category market assessment and analysis
- Develop baseline cost for categories including total cost analysis, technical specifications, and historical cost trends
- Document department needs related to goods or services needed to successfully support their business objectives
- Identify viable sources of supply capable of meeting those requirements and perform necessary due diligence including supplier facility visits
Lead category sourcing process for designated lines of business:
- Develop sourcing strategy, evaluate key levers and coordinate to gain buy in from key stakeholders on the approach
- Conduct the strategic sourcing process including, RFQs, RFIs, and RFPs
- Lead and conduct the negotiations with suppliers
- Develop a decision matrix to drive objective business recommendation to departments and stakeholders
- Drive and implement the signed agreements for sourcing decisions
- Interface with Finance and departments to ensure compliance and savings flow though
- Monitor industry trends and developments and update category strategy as needed
- An Undergraduate Degree and a minimum of 8 years of business experience in a purchasing, merchandising or retail environment
- Strong IT sourcing experience and understanding of Canadian vendor landscape
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build meaningful team relationships to drive results
- Ability to develop and concisely articulate strategies both written and verbally
- Deep understanding of strategic cost imperatives
- Ability to formulate savings initiatives
- Ability to formulate operating plans to meet cost targets
Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
- Growing organization
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Opportunity for internal mobility to other departments and/or promotions (for employees who are strong performers)
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.