Business Process Architect
Sobeys Inc. in Stellarton, NS
Requisition ID: 111897
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: Information Technology
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Part Time or Full Time: Full Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: Foord St. Office
Our family of 127,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better - great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton's Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Sobeys has an exciting permanent opportunity available as a Business Process Architect to join our Technology department based out of our Stellarton, Nova Scotia offices reporting to the Manager, IT Innovation & Concept Development.
As a Business Process Architect with Sobeys you will:
- Build business alignment and trusted relationships with business partners.
- Collaborate with cross functional process and continuous improvement teams to foster alignment and identify new requirements.
- Keep up to date on industry standards and best practices for process documentation, process analysis and continuous improvement.
- Develop standards for process documentation and analysis.
- Ensure the administration of process documentation tool including user management.
- Consult with the business to identify and improve process documentations standards.
- Define, communicate and control Process Lifecycle Governance for process models and documentation.
- Lead business process elicitation workshops and document business process.
- Lead development of BPM training material.
- Develop BPM practice through delivering training, coaching, mentoring to business resources.
- Provide knowledge transfer on techniques, tools, process analysis and design methods.
Your experience and resume will show us:
- Undergraduate Degree or Masters Degree in Computer Science or Business.
- Minimum of 8 years experience in IT projects and processes.
- Experience defining and understanding business processes using various tools and techniques.
- Ability to apply technology and architecture principles to business strategies.
- Strong communication skills; ability to communicate technical issues to help others make sound decisions.
- Strong ability to build trusted cross-functional relationships.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. If you feel that this describes the kind of work you want to do, and you are excited about what Sobeys has to offer, then we look forward to reviewing your application. Please ensure that you take the time to ensure your profile shows us why you're the most qualified applicant for the role.
Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
- Growing organization
- Competitive salary
- Profit Sharing Plan (based on company performance)
- Pension plan
- Flexible health and dental benefits plan (eligible employees)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Ongoing Training & Development
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.