Petroleum Construction Foreman
Petro Service Limited in Winnipeg, MB
J.A. Robinson Pump Service Limited is a full line petroleum equipment distributor, specializing in sales, service, construction, and installation. Our customers include owners and operators in the retail petroleum and commercial/industrial markets. The facilities involved include retail gas stations & car washes, bulk plants, fleet sites, commercial / industrial & agricultural sites, and public sector institutions throughout Canada.
A vital strength within J.A. Robinson Pump Service is its team of dedicated, honest, and customer oriented employees. A willingness to improve and achieve is evident throughout the company with the focus on value added services for our customers, technological advances, and employee training.
If you are looking for a dynamic organization this is the opportunity for you. We are currently recruiting for a Petroleum Construction Foreman to join our team in Winnipeg, MB.
The selected individual will be responsible for coordinating tank and piping installation and removal projects throughout Manitoba and Northern Ontario by utilizing work crews, equipment, and subcontractors on a job site to achieve maximum production in the most efficient manner as per plans and specifications. The Construction role is a qualified position that primarily involves the installation of petroleum equipment but may include petroleum service work as required.
- Complete project activities as directed by the Project Managers
- Install, test and commission petroleum equipment as per regulatory requirements and manufacturer's instructions and procedures
- Work with sub-contractors to complete project tasks for additional disciplines as required (electrical, excavation, concrete, civil)
- Facilitate construction requirements by resolving problems and identifying construction management issues (scope changes, design issues)
- Meet construction budgets by being efficient, identifying scope variances and proposing corrective action
- Ensure that the company health and safety policies and procedures are followed
- Travel will be required as our construction division covers Manitoba and Northern Ontario
- Enhance company reputation through workmanship, quality and control
- Complete all required documentation in a timely and accurate manner
- Carry out manual tasks as required while working outdoors in all conditions
Suitable candidates will meet the following qualifications:
- Licensed Petroleum Installer / PM2 or PM3 Certification preferred
- Petroleum/fueling construction project experience (3 years preferred) and basic electrical knowledge
- Valid driver's license and clean abstract
- High energy, self-motivated and must have a positive attitude
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team focused, deadline-driven environment with the ability to multi-task
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision
- Must be mechanically inclined
- Competent using tools and operating equipment
- Ability to handle very physically demanding work
- Must be willing to work long shifts and extra hours
- Must be hard working, reliable, responsible, energetic, and dependable
- Minimum High School Education
- Able to use critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong Customer Service Experience
J.A. Robinson Pump Service is a Petro Service Limited company. Petro Service Limited is a full line petroleum equipment distributor, specializing in sales, service, construction, and installation. Our customers include owners and operators in the retail petroleum and commercial/industrial markets. The facilities involved include retail gas stations & car washes, bulk plants, fleet sites, commercial/industrial & agricultural sites, and public sector institutions throughout Canada.
Petroservice attracts and retains great people in our industry by offering a challenging and dynamic work environment. We believe that our people are our strongest assets, and we are committed to providing continued education and opportunities for growth.
We offer competitive compensation packages including above-standard medical (health, drug and dental) benefits, RRSP matching, EAP, and vacation benefits.
If you are interested in joining one of Canada's leading companies within the petroleum industry, please apply here!
Please visit our website, www.petroservice.com to learn more about us.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates who will be moving on in the interview process will be contacted.