Senior Business Analyst #JoinOurFamily
Sobeys Inc. in Stellarton, NS
Requisition ID: 114302
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: Information Technology
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Part Time or Full Time: Full Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: King St. Office
Our family of 127,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better - great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton's Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Are you someone who enjoys creative problem solving and designing solutions for tough questions? We have an exciting opportunity as a Senior Business Analyst in our Information Technology team in Mississauaga, Ontario to help manage our upcoming IT projects.
As a Senior Business Analyst with Sobeys, you will:
- Direct the identification of new and complex business processes and strategies to improve efficiency of the Merchandising and Repleinishment operating divisions by becoming knowledgeable of their data and their intricacies
- Direct the development of business and system requirements through detailed analysis and by providing recommendations
- Work closely with the Application Developers to provide all system requirements translation and lead the high level design of the solution
- Participate in the leadership and influence cross-functional task forces or teams to identify and document functional requirements, workflow, information sources, and system specifications
- Hold requirements gathering sessions by identifying the right participants, preparing the appropriate material, reviewing the project scope, and identifying key assumptions
- Coordinate the development of comprehensive business cases with cost and benefit dimensions for proposed Information Technology projects that are used at management and executive levels for funding and scope decisions
- Develop and established service level agreements
- Perform market research of emerging/ available product functionality
- Create RFPs/RPIs as appropriate
- Assess scope and impact of client business needs and manages client expectations
- Perform the role of Project Manager on medium sized projects (possibility)
- Meet regularly with the user groups in all divisions to identify opportunities for enhancements
- Communicate functional developments and enhancements to user groups through various media (Web, Email, On-site training)
- Contribute to the acceptance of applications and application enhancements via a formal test process
- Seek final sign-off of the detailed system requirements from the business sponsor
- Improve business processes by defining the existing "As-Is" process and the new "To-Be" process using proper methodologies
- Process documentation and testing
Your experience and resume will show us:
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Business Experience with project management and software development disciplines
- Knowledge of emerging or available retail product functionality and solutions
- Extensive experience gathering business requirements, business process reengineering, application testing and project management
- Thorough understanding of the retail industry
- Thorough understanding of the applications and business processes already in place at Sobeys
- Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
If you feel that this describes the kind of work you want to do, and you are excited about what Sobeys has to offer, then we look forward to reviewing your application. Please ensure that you take the time to ensure your profile shows us why you're the most qualified applicant for the role.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. We are only accepting online applications and welcome applications from all qualified people interested in this challenge.
Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
- Growing organization
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Opportunity for internal mobility to other departments and/or promotions (for employees who are strong performers)
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.