Senior Application System Analyst #JoinOurFamily
Sobeys Inc. in Dartmouth, NS
Requisition ID: 114261
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: Information Technology
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Part Time or Full Time: Full Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: Dartmouth Office
Our family of 127,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better - great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton's Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Customer service is at the core of our business, and it's something that you value too. As a Senior Application System Analyst, you will bring a customer first mindset when resolving key issues and providing support to our users. This position will be based in our Information Technology team in Mississauga, Ontario.
As a Senior Application System Analyst with Sobeys, you will:
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the application(s) within the Product Team Portfolio. Maintain up-to-date expertise in the application(s) and mentor and lead the team(s) in translating product needs into enhancements and or fixes for the supported application.
- Provide specialized Level 2 & 3 application support. Identify the root cause of issues, and triage with the appropriate team. Prioritize the backlog and make necessary configuration or code changes. Source additional support from other teams to resolve underlying issues as needed. Maintain the system documentation; run books and required changes to user documentation as incidents are resolved.
- Monitor applications and their components across dimensions such as end-user experience, application interfaces, runtime code exceptions and performance. Recommend enhancements as needed.
- Lead each phase of the development life cycle: Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), design, build, testing, deployment and release. Design the applications to ensure both the business and architectural needs are met including adhering to standards, patterns, and reference models.
- Identify opportunities to automate processes, or otherwise innovate on business operations using application features.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives through advisory and consultative support. Proactively share new leading practices.
- Keep appropriate teams members and other teams updated on product backlog status, incidents, and projects, as appropriate. Serve as the liaison between vendors, users, and product team as needed.
- Observe and communicate potential application risks and improvements in support of effective issue prevention and risk mitigation.
Your experience and resume will show us:
- Computer Science background, or equivalent preferred
- Professional certification preferred (CPA, PMP, etc)
- Experience in application development and support and delivery
- A deep technical knowledge of the Products / applications being support
- Experience in working with outsourced service providers and vendor management
- Retail industry experience preferred
- ITIL Certifications (if applicable)
If you feel that this describes the kind of work you want to do, and you are excited about what Sobeys has to offer, then we look forward to reviewing your application. Please ensure that you take the time to ensure your profile shows us why you're the most qualified applicant for the role.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. We are only accepting online applications and welcome applications from all qualified people interested in this challenge.
Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
- Growing organization
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Opportunity for internal mobility to other departments and/or promotions (for employees who are strong performers)
We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.