Application System Analyst #JoinOurFamily
Sobeys Inc. in Stellarton, NS
Requisition ID: 114222
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: Information Technology
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Part Time or Full Time: Full Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: King St. Office
Our family of 127,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better - great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton's Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Are you an Information Technology professional focused on providing exceptional customer service? We have an exciting opportunity as a Application System Analyst in our IT team in Stellarton, Nova Scotia responsible for providing application support to our users across the country.
As an Application System Analyst with Sobeys, you will:
- Apply knowledge of assigned application(s) within the Product Team Portfolio. Maintain up-to-date expertise in the application(s) and support teams in translating product needs into enhancements and or fixes for the supported application.
- Provide specialized Level 2 & 3 application support. Identify the root cause of issues, and triage with the appropriate team. Source additional support from other teams to resolve underlying issues as needed. Maintain the system documentation; run books and required changes to user documentation as incidents are resolved.
- Support the Product Team at specific phases of the development life cycle: Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), design, build, testing, deployment and release. Assist with designing the applications to ensure both the business and architectural needs are met including adhering to standards, patterns, and reference models.
- Identify opportunities to automate processes, or otherwise innovate on business operations using application features.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives through advisory and consultative support. Proactively share new leading practices.
- Keep appropriate team members and other teams updated on product incident status and project tasks as appropriate. Serve as the liaison between vendors, users, and product team as needed.
Your experience and resume will show us:
- Computer Science background, or equivalent preferred
- Experience in application development and support and delivery
- A deep technical knowledge of the Products / applications being support
- Retail industry experience preferred
- ITIL Certifications (if applicable)
- Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
If you feel that this describes the kind of work you want to do, and you are excited about what Sobeys has to offer, then we look forward to reviewing your application. Please ensure that you take the time to ensure your profile shows us why you're the most qualified applicant for the role.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. We are only accepting online applications and welcome applications from all qualified people interested in this challenge.
Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
- Growing organization
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Opportunity for internal mobility to other departments and/or promotions (for employees who are strong performers)
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.