Administrator, Finance - IT, EPMO
Sobeys Inc. in Stellarton, NS
Requisition ID: 112804
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: Finance Business Support
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Part Time or Full Time: Full Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: Foord 2
Our family of 127,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better - great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton's Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Are you a motivated self-starter who always goes above and beyond? As an Administrator, Finance - IT, EPMO on our Finance team in Stellarton, Nova Scotia you will partner with our Finance and IT teams to ensure timely IT/EPMO expense processing and cost visibility. This role reports to the Director, Finance - FP&A IT, EPMO & LR.
As an Administrator, Finance - IT, EPMO with Sobeys you will:
- Perform invoice administration, including: review and preparation of invoices prior to submitting for approvals, processing; and, working directly with vendors to ensure that all charges are properly accounted for.
- Create purchase orders to be used for month-end accruals.
- Prepare and distribute regular reports relating to IT charges. This may include areas such as: IT/EPMO Project charges, Leasing, consultant charges, Cost Centre Actual reports, and Telecommunication charges.
- Review and update maintenance agreements.
- Provide support to the Project Management financial process through the monitoring and completion of project financial reports, time detail, resource and cost centre actual reports.
- Payroll input and Travel booking assistance.
- Perform Ad-hoc requests and administration, including: investigation of cost centre charges, vacation coverage for team members, etc.
- Other duties as requested.
What your experience and resume will show us:
- Undergraduate Degree or a DEC with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
- Attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness.
- Proven ability to work independently and to adjust to a wide variety of tasks on a daily basis.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for both internal and external parties.
- Advanced level competence in MS Office suite.
- Exceptional people skills and problem-solving ability.
- Aptitude for learning additional tools and new concepts in a speedy manner.
- Knowledge of Project management and accounting methodologies.
If you feel that this describes the kind of work you want to do, and you are excited about what Sobeys has to offer, then we look forward to reviewing your application. Please ensure that you take the time to ensure your profile shows us why you're the most qualified applicant for the role.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. We are only accepting online applications and welcome applications from all qualified people interested in this challenge.
Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
- Growing organization
- Competitive salary
- Pension plan
- Flexible health and dental benefits plan (eligible employees)
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Flexible work arrangements
- Opportunity for internal mobility to other departments and/or promotions (for employees who are strong performers)
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.