Cavendish Farms in New Annan, PE
To be based in New Annan, Prince Edward Island
Cavendish Farms is a leading producer of frozen potato products for retail and foodservice markets throughout Canada, the United States and around the world. We have state-of-the-art processing plants in New Annan PE, Lethbridge, AB, Wheatley, ON and another in Jamestown, ND, with head offices in Dieppe, NB and sales locations in Toronto, Montreal and Boston.
Reporting to the Cost Accounting Manager, the Cost Accountant will be a self starter with a strong work ethic, "Can Do" attitude and the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment. This role is responsible for providing detailed analysis on actual versus standard production. The Senior Accountant also assists with the preparation of the weekly/monthly manufacturing financial statements and is responsible for maintaining the standard inventory costing system.
The successful Candidate will possess the following:
- Prepare, review, and analyze daily, weekly, and month end reports
- Analyze budgets and the associated variances.
- Assist in the annual budgeting process and in ensuring compliance with all internal/external audit requirements.
- Prepare information for the Company's Performance Scorecard process.
- Compile information to provide financial statements to management.
- Ledger Account Reconciliations
- Benchmark analysis of Processing potato production.
- Assist in all day-to-day accounting functions.
- University degree in Business, with a major in Accounting
- 5 to 10 years of accounting experience
- Must have or working towards a professional accounting designation
- Similar experience in a manufacturing environment is an asset
- Must be a team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated computer skills (MS Excel/Access is a must, JD Edwards preferred)
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Cavendish Farms Corporation is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.