Occupational Therapist 1 (OT01)
Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: SHCP
ZONE: Zone 4 - Northwest
FACILITY : Edmundston Regional Hospital
CLASSIFICATION: Occupational Therapist 1 (OT01)
STATUS: Temporary part-time (approximately 1 year)
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
8-hour shifts - Monday to Friday
Possibility of standby and call-back
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
Reporting to the manager, the incumbent will perform clinical work in the field of occupational therapy. The clinical work involves the detection, assessment, interpretation, education, consultation, collaboration, rehabilitation and prevention of disorders limiting clients' ability to perform activities of daily living and reach their full desired potential. Work may involve active participation in interdisciplinary teams for consultation, continuous assessment and care coordination. The incumbent will provide clinical supervision over delegated functions (duties and activities) and will provide advice, training and orientation to other staff members, occupational therapy students and other health professionals .
- Member in good standing of the New Brunswick Association of Occupational Therapists and eligibility to become a member of the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists;
- Experience in mental health or in addiction services would be an asset;
- Certification in prevention and management of suicidal behaviours and in non-violent crisis intervention (CPI) or willingness to obtain it as per set time frame;
- Good knowledge of computer tools;
- Problem-solving and conflict resolution skills;
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills;
- Sound clinical judgment and decision-making skills;
- Good organizational skills and ability to set priorities;
- Group facilitation skills and ability to deliver training sessions;
- Good creativity and innovation skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network's management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network .
Written and spoken in French and spoken in English is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.
"Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment"