Assistant Project Manager, CSC
Irving Shipbuilding in Dartmouth, NS
ASSISTANT PROJECT MANAGER
Irving Shipbuilding, located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7 or 155 Chain Lake Drive Halifax NS B3S 1B3, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard. The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
- Support Project Management in one or more contractual task as part of the wider ISI CSC Project to ensure successful performance of contract tasks, to include on time deliverables, within budget and in accordance with technical requirements
- Interact with Canadian Government and Royal Canadian Navy CSC Program personnel
- Plan and coordinate multiple activities, subcontractors and tasks to meet program schedule requirements
- Work in accordance with the Integrated Master Schedule for the project
- Work in accordance with the Earned Value Management System into the CSC Project Office
- Plan, manage and report on budgets, schedule and progress within the EVM environment
- Manage project administration functions such as document control, risk management, etc.
- Education Required: Bachelor's Degree
- Years of Experience Required: 2-5 years of related experience in a production environment
- Understanding of Earned Value Management
- Proven ability to achieve high performance levels in a complex fast moving environment
- Proven experience adapting to new computer programs and systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience in Cognos would be a definite asset
- PMP designation would be a definite asset
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.