Clerk Department Second Bakery
Sobeys Inc. in Antigonish, NS
Requisition ID: []
Career Group: [[Store Careers]]
Job Category: [[Bakery]]
Travel Requirements: [[0-10%]]
Part Time or Full Time: Full Time
Location: [[Sobeys 596]]
Postal Code: [[B2G2E2]]
Our family of 127,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better - great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton's Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Provide customers with friendly and professional service. Fulfill duties for all areas of the Bakery Department. Supervise the Bakery Department and staff in the absence of the Bakery Manager. Actively contribute to an environment of employee and customer engagement.
- Provide customer service to meet customer needs
- Supervise bakery personnel in the absence of the Bakery Manager
- Promote an employee culture of coaching and development
- Complete customer bakery orders
- Receive bakery orders
- Perform bakery production
- Merchandise the Bakery Department
- Implement SMART retailing (Atlantic)
- Maintain sanitation standards
- Adhere to and implement all applicable company standards
- Perform administrative duties as required
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Above average oral and written communication skills
- Good work ethic and ability to multi task
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of 12 months experience
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.