Decision Review Specialist
WorkSafeNB is passionate about promoting health and safety in New Brunswick workplaces. When a workplace injury does occur, we provide caring recovery services, benefits and compensation to those injured and their families. We're focused on driving a safety-first culture, providing effective recovery and return to work services, and maintaining a sustainable system that ensures New Brunswickers are protected for generations to come.
WorkSafeNB is accepting applications for a permanent position of Decision Review Specialist. This position can be in any of our offices across the province. This rewarding opportunity will be of interest to individuals who have a developed interest and experience in workplace compensation, legislation, policy, and administrative law.
You will report to the Manager of the Decision Review Office and will be responsible for the review of contested claim decisions proceeding to the Workers' Compensation Appeals Tribunal. You will review issues in dispute which are often contentious and/or complex, adhering to the principles of administrative justice and consistently interpreting legislation and policy to confirm, vary, suspend or revoke claim related decisions made by WorkSafeNB. You will write evidence-based decision letters that will be the final decision of WorkSafeNB, appealable only to the external appeals tribunal.
You demonstrate the following competencies:
- Client-Focused Service
- Strong Decision Making
You possess the following qualifications:
- A university degree in a related field (law, policy, public administration, or health sciences) with five years of experience in decision writing, administrative decision making, policy analysis, regulatory compliance and interpreting legislation.
- Experience applying legislative and/or regulatory requirements and writing decisions which are reviewable by an administrative body.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrate excellent critical judgment skills and the ability to maintain professional composure in difficult situations.
- Capability of working independently and in a team environment.
- Knowledge of the following areas and/or the capability to learn: workers' compensation legislation, policy, procedures and its interpretation, administrative law, claims management, medical terminology, Employment Standards Act, Human Rights Act, the Right to Information and Protection of Privacy Act and the Personal Health Information Privacy and Access Act.
Written and spoken competency in French and English is required.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
WorkSafeNB offers you a competitive annual salary with excellent benefits, including:
- Comprehensive benefits package (health, dental, life insurance, long-term disability insurance)
- Pension plan (New Brunswick Public Service Pension Plan)
- Competitive vacation and leave benefits
- Enhanced opportunities for professional development
If you are interested in being part of a highly motivated and collaborative team, including exciting and rewarding career opportunities, please apply online at worksafenb.ca by November 5, 2020.
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
For more information about WorkSafeNB, or this and other employment opportunities, please visit our website at worksafenb.ca.