Indigenous Career Development
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a career change?
Have you considered a career with the ocean economy?
Are you an Indigenous person living in Atlantic Canada?
The Indigenous Career Pivot Project is the newest pilot project seeking Indigenous applicants interested in 12-month work placements with Industry Members of Canada's Ocean Supercluster. There are currently ten employment opportunities designed to assist interested candidates through workplace mentorship and participation in a career development program. The workplace environment includes both working remotely or a combination of remote work and on-site. Some examples of potential employment include administration, business and marketing, software design, and quality control.
- The Indigenous Career Pivot Project seeks applicants with Indigenous ancestry who possess the following qualifications:
- Highly motivated with a positive attitude
- A strong desire to build and expand their current skill set
- Ability to work both independently and as a team
- Communication and presentation skills
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- Familiar with essential computer software such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
If you're interested in advancing your career in the ocean industry, then please complete the application at
Please send the application along with a resume and cover letter by 4PM ADT on October 30th, 2020 to email@example.com