Senior Financial Analyst, External Reporting - Financial Statements (12 Month Term)
Sobeys Inc. in Stellarton, NS
Requisition ID: 112122
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: Finance Reporting & Treasury
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Part Time or Full Time: Full Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: Foord 2
Our family of 127,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better - great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton's Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Sobeys is full of exciting opportunities and we are always looking for bright new talent to join our team! We currently have a 12 month contract opportunity for a Senior Financial Analyst, External Reporting - Financial Statements to join our Finance External Reporting team based out of our offices in Stellarton, Nova Scotia.
What you'll get to do in this fast paced role:
- Review consolidated Financial Statements and Note Disclosures for the Audit Committee, Disclosure Committee and Board of Directors.
- Develop and manage various reports using several software platforms including but not limited to SAP, Khalix, BMR, BW, BPC, etc.
- Assist in reviews of cost center budgets.
- Assist in development of performance analysis.
- Review account reconciliations and account analysis.
- Provide excellent level of customer service to all levels of the business.
- Actively pursue continuous improvement opportunities in terms of systems and processes.
- Responsible for accurate and complete working papers and answering all related external auditor queries on a quarterly basis.
- Oversee preparation of supplemental reports for external reporting disclosures for quarter and annual reporting.
- Review quarterly debt covenant calculations.
- Work with external auditors quarterly during reviews and audits.
- Collaborate with members of the Finance Shared Services, Tax, Accounting Standards & Policies, Investor Relations and other departments where necessary.
- Ensure compliance with CEO/CFO Certification requirements.
What your resume will include and demonstrate to us:
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in Accounting/Finance, Proficient in GAAP/IFRS.
- A relevant university degree (Business with a focus in Accounting, Finance, etc.).
- Professional designation (CPA and/or MBA) or working towards one.
- Strong computer skills; Proficient use of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.), SAP, Longview and BW skills.
- Proven time management, organization, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to anticipate issues and recommend appropriate actions.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to use multiple computerized systems to compile useful information.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) with the ability to communicate clearly with a variety of audiences and levels of management.
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment, and under limited supervision with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to manage highly sensitive information and situations involving internal and external customers.
If you feel that this describes the kind of work you want to do, and you are excited about what Sobeys has to offer, then we look forward to reviewing your application. Please ensure that you take the time to ensure your profile shows us why you're the most qualified applicant for the role.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. We are only accepting online applications and welcome applications from all qualified people interested in this challenge.
Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
- Growing organization
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Opportunity for internal mobility to other departments and/or promotions (for employees who are strong performers)
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.