Pharmacy Assistant I
Sobeys Inc. in Saint John, NB
Requisition ID: 113044
Career Group: Pharmacy Careers
Job Category: National Pharmacy
Part Time or Full Time: Part Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: New Brunswick (CA-NB)
City: Saint John
Location: 2552 St John Nursing Home Ser Lawtons
Our family of 127,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better - great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton's Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
The Pharmacy Assistant is responsible for providing superior customer service in a friendly, knowledgeable and professional manner to pharmacy clients. Ability to be self-directed and able to work independently to meet strict deadlines will be the key to success in this role. Actively contributes to a positive and productive working environment
- Provide customer service to meet customer needs
- Process customer transactions
- Maintain an accurate cash drawer while following company policies and procedures
- Prepare prescription packages (Pill Pack, Unit Dose)
- Product order receiving/inventory
- Behind-the-counter (BTC) product coordination, and management
- RX call/release (guidelines)
- Perform administrative duties (i.e. filing, supplies, cleaning)
- Respond to customer, client, and healthcare related calls
- Other duties as assigned
- Above average communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently in a fast environment
- Ability to multi-task
Education and Experience:
- Student (minimum pursuing High School)
- Previous pharmacy experience
- Experience with Sobeys National Pharmacy Group Computer systems
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.