Manager Communications, Events and Capacity Planning Operations
Sobeys Inc. in Stellarton, NS
Requisition ID: 112701
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: Administration
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Part Time or Full Time: Full Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
City: Stellarton / Dartmouth / Mississauga / Calgary
Location: Dartmouth Office
Our family of 127,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better - great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton's Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Sobeys is full of exciting opportunities and we are always looking for bright new talent to join our team! We currently have an exciting full-time opportunity for a Manager Communications, Events and Capacity Planning Operations to join our Related Business team based out of our office in Dartmouth, NS.
What you'll get to do in this fast-paced role:
Define and execute store communications strategy
- Own the master store communications pipeline and calendar for Sobeys Related Business
- Support the plan and execution of Quarterly Townhall events for each of the business units
- Enhance and implement communications tools to ensure communication is delivered in a clear and streamlined way
- Partner with cross-functional partners to track and manage how initiatives that are impacting to retail/customer locations are rolled out to stores
- Communicate and inform Operations teams of upcoming initaitives that have impact to retail/customer locations to ensure volume of work pushed to stores at once is manageable
- Lead project activities for cross-functional teams, developing project plans and status reports, developing comprehensive documentation, and serving as the key contact and communications point for projects.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders including retail operations, merchandising, category management, and marketing in order to proactively identify risks, issues and interdependencies between departments in order to enhance integration of projects.
Learning and Development
- Own the learning and development roadmap for Related Businesses
- Manage content designer(s) in delivering on the roadmap
- Partner with National L&D team to connect the Related Business roadmap with Enterprise and National intiatives
Develop and manage a high-performing team
- Provide leadership, coaching, development, training and career planning to direct reports
- Ensure direct report roles and capabilities are optimally aligned with the department's strategic direction providing advice for continuous improvement to direct reports.
- Define and coordinate team activities across various Integration and business projects and initiatives.
What your resume will include and demonstrate to us:
- An Undergraduate Degree and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience driving communication strategies
- Demonstrated strong success and experience in project management
- Critical thinking and the ability to push beyond how Sobeys does things today
- Ability to turn concepts into actionable information for stores
- Ability to build relationships and trust across large cross-functional teams; manage diverse stakeholders
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Driving results for quality output on strict deadlines
- Ability to manage changing priorities and tight deadlines effectively
- Strong coordination capabilities; organized, efficient with excellent time management skills
- Strong ability to communicate orally and written
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. If you feel that this describes the kind of work you want to do, and you are excited about what Sobeys has to offer, then we look forward to reviewing your application. Please ensure that you take the time to ensure your profile shows us why you're the most qualified applicant for the role.
Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
- Growing organization
- Competitive salary
- Pension plan
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Flexible health and dental benefits plan (eligible employees)
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Opportunity for internal mobility to other departments and/or promotions (for employees who are strong performers)
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.