Executive Council Office
Corporate Communications Division
Pay Band 3
Inventory of qualified individuals
The Province of New Brunswick would like to establish an inventory of qualified candidates to fill current and future vacancies. Executive Council Office, Corporate Communications Division is seeking individuals to join the Marketing Services Branch as a graphic and multimedia designer in Fredericton.
As a member of the Graphic Design team, you will be responsible to provide graphic design services for the Design Services Unit as well as the Advertising Unit.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Creation of compelling print and digital designs and graphics in a range of formats for provincial government departments, agencies and Crown corporations.
- Creation of compelling print, digital and social media advertising in a range of formats for provincial government departments, agencies and Crown corporations.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: University degree or college diploma in graphic design, multimedia design or a related discipline and at least 1-2 years of related experience.
Subject to the response to this competition, an equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered, or the required years of experience may be increased.
Some positions require written and spoken competence in French and English. Others will require written and spoken competence in English or in French. Please state your language capability on your application.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please state your language capability on your application and ensure that preferred language for assessment is clearly identified.
ASSET QUALIFICATIONS: Preference may be given to candidates who demonstrate the following asset qualifications:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in marketing/advertising design, multimedia/social media design and project management.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere, etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Experience in Filemaker or other project management software and other design and office tools and software will be considered an asset.
Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application one or more of the asset qualifications in addition to the essential qualifications to be given further consideration.
This position may require limited flexibility in working hours, with occasional weekday evening or weekend work.
On occasion, some travel throughout the province may be required.
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioral competencies:
- Client Service Orientation
- Strategic Thinking
- Effective Interactive Communication
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies:
- Specialized Subject Matter and Expertise
- Excellent multitasking and time-management skills
- Strong Visual Aesthetic
- Planning and Organizing Skills
Résumés should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
Salary: $1,729 to $2,417 bi-weekly
Candidates on the eligibility list may be considered for future vacancies.
We encourage applicants to apply on-line at www.ere.gnb.ca no later than October 23, 2020 indicating competition number: 20-ECO-05. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
Human Resources Services
Phone: (506) 444-4502
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!