OSCO Construction Group in Brampton, ON
With a solid history dating back to 1958, PreCon Precast Limited (now a member of the OSCO Construction Group) is known as a leading provider of architectural and structural precast concrete solutions with locations in Brampton and Woodstock. Across Ontario, you will find PreCon precast products and systems used in a variety of construction segments. Our value creation is cultivated by our workforce; a strong team built of Technical Sales, Engineering, Project Management, Production and Field Services. We pride ourselves in being leaders in precast concrete innovation, building more energy efficient, sustainable and safe structures.
This position is responsible for leading the Estimating team. As a working manager, the Estimating Manager will assist in the preparation of estimates; gathering and evaluating proposals, reviewing drawings, specifications and other related documents. The Estimating Manager will compute costs by analyzing labor, materials and timeline requirements. The position is located at the Brampton Office and supports operations in both Brampton and Woodstock.
As the Estimating Manager, the ideal candidate requires a leadership style that encourages results-driven, task-oriented collaboration. They must have high attention to detail, a sense of urgency and the ability to make decisions and adjust quickly to changing conditions through practical and efficient methods. In general, this is a position where guidelines, structure and established procedures must be followed closely.
- Ensure quality and accurate bids per contract and Company requirements, on time and on budget
- Meet deadlines for project completion with a focus on creating solutions that optimize production and efficiency
- Maintain estimating procedures, models, scope, and proposal templates
- Prepare and review bid documents for submission
- Prepare materials take-off and estimates
- Utilize software to manage data and facilitate effective retrieval of information
- Assist project management by preparing estimates for change notices
- Manage and lead direct reports through coaching and development opportunities
- Maintain professional relationships with sub-contractors and vendors in the market area with a focus on exceptional customer satisfaction, quality, safety, and value-added services
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with team, Sales, Operations, Engineering, Field, Purchasing and Finance
- Other duties as assigned
- Civil Engineering Technology graduate
- 3 years' experience in the construction/concrete industry
- 10 years' estimating experience
- 5 years' managerial experience
- Ability to read and interpret Architectural, Structural, Civil and Precast shop drawings
- Ability to read and interpret technical specifications divisions 3, as well as divisions 0 and 1
- Precast Prestressed Concrete Experience is preferred
- Experience with BIM software is an asset
- Familiarity with OBC, NBC, CSA standards is an asset
- Strong detail orientation and analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel software applications
- Technologically inclined; experience with software, data and reports is an asset
- Ability to assume responsibility, interface and communicate effectively with others and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and collaborate with all departments/staffing levels
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven and customer-focused environment
As a member of the OSCO Construction Group, PreCon offers a comprehensive compensation package including health and dental coverage, life insurance, RRSP and tax-free savings account options. Additionally, we offer educational scholarships to dependents of employees, health & wellness programming and team building events.
The origins of the OSCO Construction Group go back to 1955 when Ocean Steel & Construction Ltd. was founded in Saint John, New Brunswick. Since that time, the OSCO Construction Group has grown to encompass four main operating sectors: Steel, Concrete, Construction and Corporate. Within these sectors lie an ever-expanding number of companies and divisions, serving a growing market area and employing over twelve hundred employees.
The OSCO Construction Group prides itself not just in embracing change, but in leading it. We drive this change by maintaining our vision to be fast, be global and be connected. All of our sectors are committed to: conducting business with integrity and fairness; continuous education & training of our employees; improving our processes; focusing on our customers' needs; and, providing top quality products & services.