Certified Fire Alarm Technician- Halifax, NS
Chandler in Multiple Locations
Halifax, NS | Saint John, NB
CERTIFIED FIRE ALARM TECHNICIAN- Halifax, NS
Chandler is a collaborative team focused on high value products, services and solutions that assist our customers in achieving their business goals. Chandler is committed to providing the best, and to achieve the goal, we are also committed to hiring the best.
Chandler - Commercial Communications is seeking a permanent full-time CFAA Certified Fire Alarm Technician who is responsible for all inspections, maintenance and troubleshooting of fire alarms as well as service and installation projects. This position will be servicing the Halifax, NS area.
Requirements for the successful candidate include:
- At least 5-10 years of experience in fire/life safety industry would be an asset
- CFAA - Certified Fire Alarm Technician designation would be an asset
- Extensive knowledge of applicable codes and standards required for Fire Alarm Systems/Emergency Lighting and Fire Extinguishers
- Factory training on systems would be an asset
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Self-motivated with a strong focus on excellent customer service
- Training and credentials to properly inspect Fire systems
- Responsible for annual inspections, verification, service calls, troubleshooting, repairs and installations for fire alarm systems
- Accurate reporting for Annual Inspections
- Capable of preparing thorough reports and inspection documentation
- Must have a valid driver's license with a clean driver abstract
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Good knowledge of how to run conduit and cabling
- Experience with Special Hazards Suppression System would be an asset
- Any additional experience in fire safety and/or security, such as fire alarm and sprinkler monitoring, card access and telephone entry systems would be an asset
- Experience in security systems, CCTV systems and card access systems would be considered an asset
- English (speak, read, write), and French is an asset however not required
- Participate in On Call Rotation
What We Offer:
- Full-time position
- Opportunity for growth
- Excellent wage and benefits package
If you are committed to excellence, have high energy, are determined to succeed and interested in working in a rewarding team environment, we would like to speak with you!
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online today! We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Chandler is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.