Sobeys Inc. in Dieppe, NB
Requisition ID: 111521
Career Group: Store Careers
Job Category: Retail - Store
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: New Brunswick (CA-NB)
Location: 0602 Champlain Mall Sobeys
A proudly Canadian company with more than 100 years in the food business, Sobeys Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Empire Company Limited, headquartered in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. The Sobeys name is synonymous with quality and passion. Now we've brought it to liquor stores across Alberta, British Columbia and Saskatchewan. Here's how: in 1993, the Alberta Provincial Government announced the privatization of the liquor retail industry. Capitalizing on this important change, we launched Western Cellars, which opened its first location in Spruce Grove in November 1995. In 2014 Sobeys Liquor acquired Safeway Wine & Spirits. Since then, we've grown steadily to over 100 locations across British Columbia, Alberta and Saskatchewan.™
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
The Cashier is responsible for carrying out the full range of duties of the position in a professional, responsible, accurate and timely fashion. The Cashier will provide customers with friendly and professional service; and will process customer orders in an efficient manner. The Cashier will ensure accurate cash-handling procedures at all times through company practices, and actively contribute to an environment of employee and customer engagement.
- Provide customer service to meet customer needs
- Process customer transactions
- Maintain an accurate cash drawer while following company policies and procedures
- Operates Customer Service Desk following all procedures for lottery sales, refunds, bottle returns and inquiries as required
- Participates in the training of junior staff
- Maintain Front End Department Merchandise the Front End Department
- Assist other departments and functions as required
- Adhere to, and implement all applicable company standards
- Other duties as required
- Basic mathematical skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.