Facility: The Birches Nursing Home
Location: Musquodoboit Harbour
The Birches Nursing Home is a Community Governed organization that operates a 42 bed Continuing Care Centre. The Birches is committed to the highest standards of support and services and promotes a health workplace for its 100 staff. The organization fosters a healthy work life balance and uses the latest best practice information at all levels.
The Dietary Aide is responsible for maintaining the sanitary practices for the service kitchen, the dish room and dining areas that service The Birches. The Dietary Aide is responsible for meal service in keeping with the Enhanced Dining practices and values.
- Grade 12 education and Food Handlers Course.
- Experience working with elderly Residents in a health care setting.
- Knowledge and ability to operate and clean an institutional dishwasher and kitchen equipment.
- Working knowledge of WHMIS legislation.
- Must demonstrate good written and oral communication skills and ability to provide excellent service to residents, staff, and visitors of the facility.
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular and consistent basis.
- Knowledge of therapeutic and familiar with dietary requirements of geriatric residents
Effective and respectful communication with co-workers and residents, strong decision making and problem solving skills, punctuality, flexibility
BENEFITS: We offer a comprehensive compensation package including: a pension plan, attractive benefits plan, and a competitive salary. Per CUPE Contract
HOURS OF WORK: Weekends / Days / Evenings / Holidays; May be changed as necessary to meet the operational requirements of the facility. On call availability/flexibility.
Please email resume to: