Coordinator, Learning Development
Competition # NB20027
Coordinator, Learning Development
Full time term until March 2022
Medavie Health Services New Brunswick is the subsidiary of Medavie Health Services responsible for the optimal operation and management of EM/ANB, an integrated, service-led primary health care organization. People are the biggest drivers of our success, and we are excited to continue building a healthier New Brunswick together. As the management company for Ambulance New Brunswick and the Extra-Mural Program, we're looking for a Coordinator, Learning Development to help support our growing operation which provides exemplary, highly coordinated primary health care in the right place, from the right provider, at the right time.
Medavie Health Services is part of Medavie, a health services organization. Together with Medavie Blue Cross, we are committed to providing innovative solutions that will improve the health of all Canadians.
As a not-for-profit organization, Medavie is proud to commit an annual social dividend to the Medavie Health Foundation to support programs and initiatives aimed at addressing some of our country's most pressing physical and mental health care challenges.
The Coordinator, Learning and Development is responsible for designing, developing, implementing, and monitoring learning programs. The Coordinator is required to work in collaboration with various areas of the EM/ANB and MHSNB organizations, as well as with external stakeholders in the development of strategies and their operational implementation.
This positon provides support and expertise to the Manager, EMP Education Programs regarding education initiatives with a focus on instructional design strategy based on best practices and evidence. The Learning and Development Coordinator effectively leads the planning and preparation of learning material, offering expert consultation to stakeholders. This will include consulting on an array of delivery modalities, including face-to-face and online learning.
In their role, the Coordinator will have a primary focus of facilitating instructional design and development for project teams within the Extra-Mural organization.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Conduct project-specific learning needs assessments;
- Oversee the design and develop of the curriculum for learning programs while identifying optimal delivery methods;
- Provide consultation and oversight to the development and implementation of learning initiatives by teams of subject-matter experts;
- Facilitate the design, development and implementation of online learning materials while integrating the evolving best-practices of e-learning;
- Design and perform post-impact analysis for learning programs;
- Facilitate working groups on curriculum design;
- Support continuous quality improvement through process evaluation within a performance-based model, and follow up to ensure that improvements implemented are effective and resolve identified issues/concerns;
- All other duties assigned.
As the ideal candidate for this role, you:
- Post-secondary education in a health care discipline supplemented with a diploma/degree in adult education or an equivalent combination of experience and education;
- Proven experience with adult learning concepts and facilitation;
- Minimum two years of experience in a leadership role;
- Proven experience with the use of technology to deliver virtual learning;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills;
- Understanding of business process review, outcome evaluation and change management concepts and methodologies;
- Advanced computer literacy is required, including MS Office;
- Experience using Articulate suite of e-learning development products would be considered an asset.
Bilingualism is an asset for this position.
If you are interested in working with a dynamic team of professionals and possess the necessary qualifications, please send your resume with cover letter to email@example.com. Please include the competition number in the file name along with your first and last name.
Competition closes October 19, 2020.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Medavie Health Services New Brunswick is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.