Supply Chain Solutions Specialist
Irving Shipbuilding in Dartmouth, NS
SUPPLY CHAIN SOLUTIONS SPECIALIST
Located in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, Irving Shipbuilding has a proud history as Canada's shipbuilder. A proud member of the J.D. Irving, Limited family of companies, we have been building quality vessels and fabricated modules for more than 50 years, and our Halifax Shipyard has been at the forefront of Canadian shipbuilding for 130 years.
Since 2012, we have invested more than $400 million in facilities, people, processes, and technology, making Halifax Shipyard one of the most modern and capable shipyards in the world.
Over the next 30 years our shipbuilders will construct 23 modern patrol ships and surface combatants for the Royal Canadian Navy as part of Canada's National Shipbuilding Strategy, the largest defence procurement in Canadian history.
This year, we will deliver the lead Arctic and Offshore Patrol Ship, the largest Navy ship built in Canada in 50 years. And we're just getting started.
We're growing our team with career-defining opportunities that will revitalize Canada's shipbuilding industry and provide Canada's sailors with the ships they need to protect Canada's interests at home and abroad. Our workforce of over 2,000 will grow to more than 2,800 at peak construction of the Canadian Surface Combatants.
We have built more than 80% of Canada's current combatant fleet and continue to perform maintenance and modernization work on the ships, including the Halifax-class frigates.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc.is hiring a Supply Chain Solutions Specialist. This is a permanent full-time staff role based in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
The Supply Chain Solutions Specialist will use analytical and quantitative methods to understand, predict, and enhance direct and indirect supply chain processes, helping the business increase cash flows, inventory turns, and employee productivity. Focus will include assembling data, analyzing performance, identifying problems, and developing recommendations which support SCM planning and operations. As well the Supply Chain Solutions Specialist is responsible for the administration, maintenance and development of procurement systems and databases with the goal of increasing levels of automation for greater efficiency and operational productivity.
- Investigates problems, finds root causes, and develops solutions
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to identify and evaluate opportunities, identify issues, trends, frame analytic solutions and drive results
- Partners with the stakeholders as a program cost expert to ensure compliance
- Manage multiple projects, attend and lead meetings, interact with executives and intake request and actions
- Tells a story with data to stakeholders and present data in a way that both technical and non-technical audiences can understand
- Procurement Systems Maintenance and Administration - able to diligently provide systems maintenance across operational system applications and databases supporting functional performance.
- User support -Advise users on the optimal methods to utilize system applications;
- Optimization - Apply various tools (e.g. Microsoft Excel, SQL, Tableau) to accomplish supply chain goals.
- Development - Use various forecasting tools and techniques to predict future demand.
- Analyze supply chain operations, performance KPIs, cost metrics, and other related subject areas
- Generation/development/maintenance of KPIs;
- Responsible for the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, and validity of all data
- Formulates, implements, and enforces proper data collection policies and procedures
- Completes all administrative tasks included with the role
- Education Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, preferably with an Accounting major
- Years of Experience Required:
- 2-5 years systems administration and maintenance experience in a supply chain, or engineering function.
- Energy to vigorously explore options in search of realistic solutions
- Uses data to explain operational behaviours;
- Ability to work constructively and collaboratively in a team environment
- Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills
- Positive outlook;
- Attention to detail;
- Customer focused.
- Doesn't settle for average
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
What We Offer:
Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
- A flexible medical, dental, and vision plan;
- Employee & Family Assistance Programs;
- RRSP matching program;
- Health & Wellness reimbursements;
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development;
- Growth and progression opportunities within Irving Shipbuilding and the larger network of the JD Irving group of companies.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.