Information Management Specialist (03-2119)
We're on a mission to ensure that all our players have fun, dream big and play responsibly one player experience at a time and we're looking for team members who share that same passion. Our culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our customers, our people, and our communities. If this sounds like you this may be a perfect fit. Atlantic Lottery (AL) is seeking an Information Management Specialist, based in Moncton, NB.
As the Information Management Specialist, you will be responsible for working with the Head of Information Security in the development and execution of a corporate-wide information management policy framework ensuring that the definition of all enterprise information assets and the associated accountabilities are in alignment with the defined Information Management governance policy.
You are accountable to lead the development of an appropriate Information Management process that will ensure the appropriate retention, protection and destruction (as required) of enterprise documents and knowledge artifacts. This role will mitigate risks associated with information management by establishing processes and practices that provide greater discipline, increased integrity, consistency, reliability, accuracy, and accessibility of information used or disclosed at AL.
Work closely with the Head of Information Security, organizational management teams and business areas to ensure that a clear framework is in place which defines all the information assets, associated accountabilities, processes, controls, and the general development and use of information assets that align to the Information Management framework. Of particular importance within this framework are the documentation, classification, governance, quality, availability, security/ privacy and life cycle controls related to information assets.
The scope of the Information Management Specialist's responsibility includes all corporate structured data and unstructured information assets. The role is responsible for the research, planning, development, education and oversight of policies, processes and change initiatives related to both structured and unstructured information.
Corporate Transparency & FOI Coordination
Coordinate the corporate response to all Corporate Transparency and Third-Party FOI requests to ensure they are responded to in a timely, reasonable and complete manner, and in accordance to AL's Corporate Transparency Policy. Assist business owner(s) with applications of exemptions, and ensure that all staff are aware of, and properly trained on their responsibilities with respect to the policy.
Corporate Privacy Coordination
What we can expect from you:
- Knowledge of privacy and access regulatory environment and acts as the primary point of contact for staff while investigating, responding and tracking alleged privacy violations with recommended corrective actions;
- Knowledge of information security (and cybersecurity);
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement taxonomies and retention schedules in hybrid environments;
- Sound knowledge using maturity models and metrics reporting and;
- Demonstrated commitment to supporting a team focused environment with peers, internal and external stakeholders and all levels of management.
A good fit for this team, you have:
- Superior analytical, technical and problem-solving skills;
- Strong interpersonal, communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills;
- The ability to conduct root cause analysis and analyze operational data;
- The ability to interpret and translate ambiguous situations into a structured framework with clearly defined deliverables;
- The ability to effectively develop and deliver recommendations and presentations;
- A creative, innovative and strategic mind;
- Proven ability to learn and adapt to changing IM technologies and its integration with business applications such as MS Office 365;
- Ability to influence, multi-task, organize, prioritize and competently handle a variety of activities with a high degree of accuracy in a fast-paced, customer-driven environment;
- A self-starter and an independent thinker who follow-up on responsibilities in a timely manner while also a strong team player;
- Your decisions are always made with the player in mind and;
- You can adapt to change in a nimble & agile fashion.
You should apply if you have the following:
- Degree or Diploma in library and information studies, archives, information technology, or a related discipline
- Minimum of five years operational information management experience to manage and protect information using Information Management standards and best practices.
- Leading an Information Management program with experience in change management, strategic planning, data governance, information architecture, project management and risk identification.
Awesome if you had:
- Certified Records Manager (CRM)
Work With Us
What you can expect from us:
Our Mission is to offer great gaming experiences for the benefit of all Atlantic Canadians. Everyone at Atlantic Lottery embraces our Core Values of Integrity & Social Responsibility. #ProudtobeAL
Our Operating Principles help guide us to achieve our Vision;
- Customers lead our priorities;
- Always think differently;
- Be fast and nimble;
- We are all leaders and;
- Team matters.
We are proud, gritty, community-minded, and punch above our weight. Being Atlantic Canadian means that we work hard and we know how to have fun. It also means that we genuinely care for each other as co-workers, neighbours, and friends.
We provide a comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits/pension and competitive compensation with plenty of training.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
What Is Next?
- Love what you see so far? Simply press "Apply Now".
- Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers page at www.alc.ca!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to reference and criminal background checks prior to employment.
Please note - Must be 19 years of age or older to apply.