Maximus Canada - DeltaWare Division
The DeltaWare Division of Maximus Canada is an innovative PEI based IT company specializing in Software Development and Consultancy. We are made up of two primary business lines - eHealth and e-Business and have been in operation since 1993 with a growing workforce of over 130 employees. We are a company built on a foundation of positive relationships between our employees and our clients. Every day, our employees provide outstanding service to our clients and in return we offer an environment that fosters a people-first culture. Tight deadlines are routine at DeltaWare and the work environment is fast-paced with exciting challenges and opportunities to grow your career.
At DeltaWare we offer a fun, friendly and collaborative environment with flexible working hours in a family type atmosphere. Teamwork and the ability to work independently is a crucial part of our company dynamic. Recently recognized as one of Canada's Top Employer for Young People, we offer a competitive compensation and health benefits package, as well as a variety of extra perks including: fitness allowance, computer purchase plan, training and career development allowance and more. We pride ourselves on our community involvement, fundraising initiatives and our diverse and inclusive workforce.
RESPONSIBILITIES (could include, but are not limited to):
- Develop technical design in accordance with functional specifications, and participate in design reviews;
- Develop new application software specifications and construct application code;
- Maintain existing application software specifications and maintain existing technical documentation;
- Follow quality assurance standards to be used during design, development and implementation phases;
- Perform unit and integration testing of software to ensure proper and efficient execution, as well as requirements compliance;
- Support systems in test and production environments, and assist with problem resolution/debugging;
- Support and maintain existing applications, and develop enhancements to existing software; and
- Maintain client satisfaction by meeting client priorities and service level agreement targets in a timely manner.
SKILLS AND EXPEREINCE:
- Bachelor of Computer Science degree, or suitable combination of education and relevant work experience;
- Must have 5 or more years of experience in SQL programming or other relevant experience in SQL development and databases;
- Must have in-depth experience with SQL, relational databases, and data modelling;
- Experience in performance tuning of SQL queries, stored procedures and databases;
- Experience in programming with modern scripting languages, including PowerShell;
- Experience in programming with Object Oriented languages such as Object Pascal or C++;
- Knowledge of Web Services, and Internet Security messaging;
- Hands-on software troubleshooting experience;
- Excellent understanding of coding methods and best practices and developing unit tests;
- Database and operating systems experience;
- Highly logical, technically proficient, and keen attention to detail;
- Motivated, flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies;
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment; and
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
DeltaWare employees are required to travel periodically. If you are interested in being considered for this position, please submit a resume to:
DeltaWare Division of Maximus Canada
Atlantic Technology Centre
176 Great George Street, Suite 300, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4K9