Privacy & Information Officer
Do you "dare to do better" with everything you do?
Do you enjoy developing and implementing privacy policies and practices?
Are you current on the use of appropriate privacy safeguards?
Do you champion and advance a culture of privacy within an organization?
What will you be doing?
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Policy, the Privacy and Information Officer is responsible for assisting with the development, implementation, and maintenance of the ANBL Privacy Management Program. They will also support the Information Manager in the effective management and assessment of information that is generated and received by the organization.
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining a Privacy Management Framework
- Ensuring compliance and alignment with all relevant legislation and privacy best practices
- Delivering privacy education and training, including reviewing and updating the Privacy Training Plan
- Identifying privacy implications and solutions for ongoing projects
- Facilitating RTIPPA-related processes, including Right-to-Information procedures
What do you need to be successful?
- 3+ years in a privacy, data protection, and risk management role
- Post-secondary education in Business, Public Administration, Information Management, or Law
- Knowledge of provincial and federal privacy legislation, principles, best practices, and tools
- Prior experience conducting privacy impact assessments and other privacy-related assignments
- Prior experience applying research and analysis to privacy-related issues and access
It would be fantastic if you also had:
- Relevant privacy certifications, including Certified Information Privacy Professional (Canada) or Certified Information Privacy Manager
- Bilingualism in both official languages is required
- ANBL Retail Operations Centre in Fredericton, New Brunswick
What's in it for you?
Being part of the ANBL team means being part of an organization that values its employees. In addition to offering a market competitive salary, we ensure that our employees can enjoy Work-Life Balance, Professional & Personal Growth, and Service Opportunities.
Work-Life Balance: ANBL offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and a generous pension plan. Employees also have access to a Health Spending Account or Wellness Subsidy, and opportunities to utilize flexible work arrangements.
Professional & Personal Growth: ANBL offers many types of internal and external activities to support your development needs, including a robust internal Accelerated Leadership Development Program.
Service: ANBL values your contribution to your community; offering a paid volunteer day each year and many opportunities to contribute to your community throughout the year.
How do I join the ANBL Team?
Share your resume and a cover letter with us through our online application system. All applications should be received no later than October 14, 2020.
Only those under consideration will be contacted. We thank all those who apply! For more information about ANBL, please visit www.anbl.com.