Woodlands Head Office in Juniper, NB
SEASONAL NURSERY WORKER (April 1 - September 30, 2021)
At J.D. Irving, Limited, you are part of an energetic team of professionals who lead with integrity and are passionate about achieving results. With a culture that nurtures talent and creates an inclusive workplace, you can grow your career across our diverse operating divisions.
Founded in 1882 , J. D. Irving, Limited is a large diversified enterprise based in Saint John, New Brunswick with a team of over 16,000 (FTE) in Canada, the United States, and select international jurisdictions. Our operations span the forestry, transportation, retail, shipbuilding, food & agriculture, consumer products, and construction industries.
J.D. Irving, Limited is currently seeking candidates to fill eight temporary seasonal Nursery Worker positions at the Juniper Tree Nursery, 201 Southwest Road, Juniper, NB.
- Prepare soil; plant bulbs or tubers, seeds and cuttings; and transplant seedlings and rooted cuttings
- Monitor plants for healthy growth and potential weed, insect, disease, and fertilizer problems in greenhouse crops
- Position and regulate greenhouse and outdoor irrigation systems to water plants and fields
- Dig, cut and transplant trees, shrubs, flowers and plants and prepare them for shipping
- May operate tractors and other machinery and equipment to fertilize, cultivate, harvest and spray fields and plants
- Clean working areas
- No education or experience required
- Hardworking with a strong work ethic
- Ability to work alone and in a team environment
- Interest in working outdoors
- Ability to handle heavy objects as needed
Terms of Employment:
- Seasonal (April 1, 2021 - September 30, 2021)
- 45 Hours/week
- Early Mornings/Morning/Day shifts
Wages : $13.50 per hour
Language of Work : English
Contact - Lauren Demers, Human Resources : 1-506-349-5250, demers.laur email@example.com
To Apply for this Career Opportunity: Please apply online
We appreciate your interest in our company! The initial review of applications will begin on the deadline date for applying. Applications received after the deadline may not be considered. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
J.D. Irving, Limited, Woodland Division is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.