Senior DevOps Engineer
Mariner Partners in Saint John, NB
As one of the largest independent technology companies in Atlantic Canada, Mariner has a team of over 200 IT and software professionals working with clients both regionally and across the globe. With extensive capabilities in the areas of analytics, automation software, information security and IT consulting, Mariner has been delivering innovative solutions with a strong emphasis on productivity and customer experience since 2003.
To help in our planned growth, we are pro-actively recruiting for a DevOps Systems Integrator with Java, JEE, and ANT experience. The DevOps Systems Integrator will be a key member of our IT Professional Services team. In this role, you will be responsible for client-based projects and, in collaboration with our delivery and sales teams, you will deliver best of breed solutions to new and existing customers.
The successful candidate will work to accelerate the delivery of project teams by providing them with reusable solutions for their build, deploy, test infrastructure and environmental needs. A key success indicator for this role is measured by his/ her ability to produce high quality; low defect builds into the test verification process with a minimal amount of churn and spin. Knowledge of uDeploy, uRelease or other Continuous Integration Frameworks is an asset.
- Post secondary education in Computer Science.
- Minimum 10 years experience in IT.
- Produce automated installation and build utilities using tools such as ANT, uDeploy or other custom scripts.
- Configuration, documentation, and packaging of iteration builds and candidate releases.
- Label, checkpoint, promote/demote builds in the release and staging areas.
- Promote built issues and reassign them for testing
- Responsible for ensuring that the developers are properly using our CM tools and procedures
- Produce and verify nightly feature team builds.
- Produce and verify project team development iteration integration builds.
- Troubleshoot and resolve build issues.
- Automate nightly build, package, deploy and test procedures for nightly builds.
- Create and execute (automate where possible) build verification tests
- Document product installation and configuration.
- Document the product upgrade procedures.
- Review and provide feedback on published installation and configuration documents.
- Identify and collaborate with team members to implement process improvements to streamline and automate the build / release process.
- Participate in the evolution and comply with build /configuration management standards.
- Create deployment tools for major/minor/patch releases to customers
- Interface with Development, Quality Assurance teams, Application Management and Operations.
- Optimize the use of hardware resources and reduce tool administration requirements
- Support the distribution of builds into all project delivery environments.
Why Mariner Partners?
We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work - our team is located in major cities all across Canada, throughout the US and internationally. We are proud to be headquartered here, and are passionate about growing a strong technology sector here in Atlantic Canada and beyond. We offer competitive compensation; benefits packages and training and development.
We are proud to have been recognized by Progress magazine as one of Atlantic Canada's TOP 101 companies, ranking #46 on 2015's list, up from #62 in 2014.
We recognize that empowered employees are more innovative, more efficient, deliver better customer service and can flat out-perform conventional organizations. Our people have built products for national deployments at the world's largest TV and Internet companies and leading real estate, financial and government organizations.
We are looking for passionate IT professionals who are curious about data, who love solving problems for customers and who want to grow their careers.
Join our growing team!