Supply Technician (2070)
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE: Zone 5 - Restigouche
FACILITY: Campbellton Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Medical Device Reprocessing Department
CLASSIFICATION: Supply Technician (2070)
HOURS OF WORK:
8 and 12-hour shifts - Rotation
Possibility of standby and call back
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
Performs a series of detailed technical duties related to the decontamination, sterilization, reassembly, function testing, and distribution of medical and/or surgical supplies and medical devices for various areas of the hospital. This position also performs related clerical duties and record keeping.
- High school diploma or GED;
- Certificate from the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) as a Medical Device Reprocessing Technician;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in one of the two official languages either English or French and spoken competence in the other official language is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.