Property Manager, Sydney, NS
Killam Apartment REIT (TSX:KMP.UN), is a growth-oriented real estate investment trust which owns, manages and develops multi-family residential properties in Atlantic Canada, Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia. Killam is focused on maximizing its value and long-term profitability through increasing earnings, expanding the portfolio through acquisitions, and developing high-quality properties in its core markets.
We are currently searching for an experienced, professional and customer focused Property Manager who will be responsible for managing a portfolio of multi-residential rental properties in Sydney.
- Manage all aspects of the operation of a portfolio of multi-residential properties
- Oversee staff to ensure properties are well maintained and ensure all maintenance issues are addressed in a timely & cost-effective manner
- Work with staff to ensure vacant apartments are leased, according to leasing procedures
- Attend Landlord and Tenant Board hearings
- Develop budgets and complete financial reporting for the portfolio of properties
- Provide support to marketing and promotional efforts
- Provide support to/supervise staff associated with the portfolio including conducting regular performance reviews.
- Experience in the Property Management industry, Multi-Residential experience preferred
- Completion of university degree or college diploma program in a related field
- Solid understanding of the Residential Tenancy Act
- Ability to thrive in a changing environment and contribute to a rapidly growing company
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience with budgeting and financial reporting
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Good computer skills including experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Yardi.
Application: Please fill out the online application form at https://bit.ly/2DdVwn2
We offer competitive wages, a comprehensive group benefit plan, dependent scholarship program, and the opportunity to own a piece of Killam through our Employee Unit Purchase Plan.
Killam is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing a supportive and inclusive workplace for all employees. Employees will be given support and encouragement to develop their full potential and utilize their unique talents.
We thank you for your interest in our company and all qualified applicants will be considered; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. Please no bphone calls.