Application Support Specialist
Reference # JG-14028
High Liner Foods has one of the world's foremost frozen seafood brands for taste and quality. As one of Nova Scotia's and Atlantic Canada's top employers they are an innovator in the development of delicious, healthy and convenient products for retail, private label and wholesale distribution.
Now, on their behalf, we are currently recruiting for an Application Support Specialist to join their team.
Reporting to the Director, IT Operations and Vendor Management, this position is responsible for the day-to-day operations, support, and maintenance of critical business applications. This position is a member of a larger IT Operations team delivering support to employees at all levels of the organization. This role must have experience with the JD Edwards platform and be capable of troubleshooting problems in a complex, multi-interface environment. As a member of the IT Operations function, the role is expected to work in a team environment while interacting with many third-party service providers, across a broad landscape of application technologies. This position works very closely with other IT functions including Developers, Architects and project related resources.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide exceptional application support and maintenance to ensure IT Operations service levels are met in a 24x7 manufacturing and warehousing environment
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) in JDE E1, warehouse systems (DSI), EDI, inventory and financial systems and RF applications
- Provides support for the resolution of software issues during and after regular working hours. This includes repairing program errors or bugs, instructing end users on application procedures and usage, or coordinating technical advice from software suppliers such as JD Edwards.
- Required to participate in a rotational on-call model
- Required to lead, provision, and troubleshoot all E1 security and segregation of duties (SOD) requests, violations and mitigations. Experience with Q Software is an asset
- Work collaboratively across the enterprise, especially with the broader IT team
- Prepares, improves and maintains documentation of all existing applications and business systems
- Independently manage professional managed service providers who augment the internal team for custom development/application development
- Required to code, test, debug, and documents application software using high level languages (RPG, CLP, SQL) and job control languages; or, required to supervise these activities as carried out by a professional services partner
- Prepares, reviews and approves software developed by other team members/partners for implementation to the production system
- Acts as the primary technical contact with our customers, suppliers, or technical vendors
- University degree preferably in computing science or business with a major in information science or equivalent experience
- 7-10 years previous experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of JD Edwards applications and technical structure is essential
- Experience with IBMi (iSeries) platform is essential
- Exceptional problem solving skills, analytical, curious, methodical, and detail oriented
- Demonstrate skills in developing, documenting and maintaining application software on multiple platforms.
- Ability to effectively participate in multiple major projects or project roles at one time
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Ability to effectively manage vendors/third parties with minimal direct supervision
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking "Apply Now" below:
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Jamie Grant, Partner, at 1-902-420-1809 or Brooke Ireland, Consultant, at . If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Brooke know.1-902-421-1214
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.