Registered Nurse Class B (RNCB)
Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
ZONE: Zone 6 - Acadie-Bathurst
FACILITY: Tracadie Hospital
DEPARTMENT : Ambulatory Care
CLASSIFICATION : Registered Nurse Class B (RNCB)
STATUS: Permanent full-time
FTE : 1.0
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
8-hour shifts - Monday to Friday
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
The incumbent performs work of a clinical nature that involves identification of needs, planning, implementation, education, and evaluation of inpatients' or outpatients' condition with respect to wound / ostomy / incontinence care. The incumbent collaborates with the interdisciplinary team members to identify patients' specific needs with respect to wound / ostomy / incontinence care. The incumbent takes a uniform approach toward specialized care based on best practice recommendations as well as on current studies and trends.
- Member in good standing with the Nurses Association of New Brunswick;
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing;
- CAET (Canadian Association for Enterostomal Therapy) specific training - specialized course in wound / ostomy / incontinence care;
- IIWCC specific training (International Interprofessional Wound Care Course);
- Successful completion of specific foot care training (Foot Care Management Senior Watch) within six (6) months;
- Member of Nurses Association of New Brunswick (NANB);
- Current BLS certificate;
- Three (3) years' acute care clinical experience acquired within past five (5) years;
- Ability to use Word, Excel, PowerPoint software;
- Ability to communicate effectively and courteously with patients, visitors, etc.;
- demonstrated abilities to teach in formal and informal settings;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.
" Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment "