Pharmacy Assistant II
Sobeys Inc. in Bedford, NS
Lawtons Millcove Nursing home services is a unique opportunity for any Pharmacy Assistant looking for something new and different. We are a no public access pharmacy, dedicated to serving Long Term Care, Residential Care and independent living facilities. You will work with a dynamic team of pharmacy assistants, Registered Pharmacy Technicians and Clinical Pharmacists. In addition to the team on site, we also have clincial pharmacists who work at our partner stores around the province to ensure we can service our facilities with the best customer service possible.
Our site utilizes different technologies (in additional to the Kroll pharmacy software), including PacMed, PacVision, PacRoll and Catalylst eMar to name a few. This is an amazing opportunity to advance and expand your technicial skills outside of a traditional retail environment. Applicants with pharmacy experience are preferred.
Our family of 127,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better - great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton's Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
The Pharmacy Assistant II is responsible for providing superior customer service in a friendly, knowledgeable and professional manner. The Assistant is responsible to identify and schedule professional clinical services as well as focus on the achievement of pharmacy excellence in the areas of customer service, workflow efficiencies, PROfile programs and inventory management. Actively contributes to a positive and productive working environment.
- Prescription assembly - data entry
- Process customer transactions (receive and release prescriptions)
- Receive in-person and telephone refill requests and record deliveries
- Promote PROfile programs
- Pill Pack Assembly
- Filing prescriptions, ordering and replenishing supplies, cleaning
- Drug order creation and receiving
- Schedule professional clinical services (i.e. medication reviews, health risk assessments, disease state managements etc.)
- BTC management
- Administrative Duties: cycle counts, narcotic counts, return to stocks, TML's, manual third parties
- Adhere to and implement all applicable company standards
- Assist with other pharmacy operations as required
- Above average communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently in a fast environment
- Ability to multi-task
Education and Experience:
- Preferred: Undergraduate degree, Pharmacy Technology Certificate or other Pharmacy recognized program
- Previous pharmacy experience
- Experience with Sobeys National Pharmacy Group Computer systems
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.