Software Automation Test Engineer
GeoSpectrum Technologies Inc., (GTI) specializes in underwater acoustic transducers and systems and has been recognized as a leading provider of specialized surveillance software for a variety of applications including military sonar (multistatic-active, passive, mine hunting), marine mammal monitoring, and ocean observation. GTI's ability to provide integrated, end-to-end sonar systems and winch and handling systems sets us apart from the rest.
We are currently seeking an Intermediate to Senior Software Automation Test Engineer who gets an immense amount of pleasure from seeing their services enable their team to achieve amazing quality - quickly. Our Ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of related experience. Qualifications must include formal training in software development from a recognized college or university and/or significant relevant industry
WHAT WE DO
- Specialize in underwater acoustic transducers and systems
- Consult on the integration and testing of acoustic systems
- Design and manufacturer hydrophones and sound projectors
- Simulate real world sonar experiences with advanced tooling.
- Build the tools and automation to simplify daily tasks by having computers doing all the repetitive work.
- Tackle challenges around scale, security, analytics, and cross-platform portability
- Love working in a fast-paced Agile software development environment.
WHAT YOU DO
- Determine test approach and define test specifications for sonar applications using Quality Assurance (QA) best practice
- Work with functional testers to select test cases and scenario candidates for automated test implementation.
- Manage and build out test automation framework in Squish test automation tool.
- Contributing to defining and implementing automated tests.
- Review daily test results and build and share reports for test automation results across multiple product brands/codelines.
- Execute test cases and suites for on both isolated test environments and fully integrated sonar systems.
- Review of requirements/specifications for testability and collaborate with Product Owner and Stakeholders to create product acceptance
- Collaborate with developers on root cause analysis of issues that arise throughout the SDLC
- Participate in preparation and support of customer acceptance processes.
- Must be eligible to apply for the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and Canadian Government Security Clearance
- Strong experience in defining automated and functional test specifications, test execution and reporting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong problem solving, root cause analysis skills and attention to details.
- Business focused with preference for previous work in (or contexutal understanding of) in sonar operation, acoustics analysis and/or
- mixed signal electronics.
- Experienced in implementing test automation frameworks and automated tests. Experience with automated testing tools such as
- Cucumber, Behave and Selenium Webdriver is a big plus.
- Strongly prefer experienced with programming languages such as Java, Python and C++ and code reviews. Software Engineering with
- test automation framework buildout experience will be considered.
- Strongly prefer advanced certification in ISTQB; in areas of foundational, agile, automation, management and security.
Work With Us
GTI offers competitive salary and benefits, and a comfortable, flexible work environment within a highly skilled team. If you enjoy tasks that require a methodical approach, attention to detail, and critical analysis; then this may be the right opportunity for you!
GTI is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations of positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups you are encouraged to self-identify on either your application form, covering letter or resume.
All candidates must be eligible to apply for, and maintain the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and Canadian Government Security Clearance
If you are interested in joining our dynamic team, please send both your resume and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Hard copies dropped off at the office will not be accepted.
While we sincerely thank all applicants for applying, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.